Cut off Brain Cell Handles

It seems like they're in the way. If I'm never going to take it out, can I cut them off? Anybody do that? Will they fray like crazy? Cause it to all fall apart? Doubt that, but thoughts?

Handles? The Brian cell has handles?

... Runs to check. ...

So it does.

Mine is in my Ego and the handles have never gotten in the way.

What bag are you using?
    List under construction ....

i'm using the Brain Bag. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Handles? The Brian cell has handles?

... Runs to check. ...

So it does.

Mine is in my Ego and the handles have never gotten in the way.

What bag are you using?

My reply above was a little bit tongue in cheek ...

However - when MrDaisy arrived home I asked if the handles of his braincell (#1 in empire builder) bothered him and he said "but it doesn't have handles".

He had to go and look ...

Looking at my Brain Cell, if you cut them just above the stitching where the handle transitions to the strap running around the body of the sleeve, there shouldn't be much to fray. And if you're really concerned you should be able to CAREFULLY use a lighter or match to melt the cut end and prevent them from fraying. You might want to test that on the part you cut off first to make sure it works the way you want - I've never done it with the webbing Bihn uses but it works with most other synthetic webbing and cordage materials. Just be careful not to damage the Brain Cell itself.

Even though my Brain Cell pretty much stays inside my Empire Builder all the time though, I like having the flexibility of pulling it out and using it as a stand-alone carrier, so the handles are a god part of that option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kplmin777 View Post
    i'm using the Brain Bag. Thanks!!!
    ok, ours are both horizonal in wide mouth bags ... maybe the brainbag's MO makes the handles more intrusive...

I too use mine very occasionally as a standalone bag - so find the handles useful.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0