Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: Co-Pilot or Id?

Co-Pilot or Id?

I can't make up my mind! I am getting a Mac Air (not sure which size) and usually carry a couple of books, wallet, small camera, notebooks. Am going to France for a week and have to take computer. Otherwise I lug things between home and a university.
    Any suggestions?

The co-pilot will only fit the 11" MacBook Air. With books & etc, I think it could be too small because of the way the compartments are designed. I carry all of your items and a 13" MacBook Air with a cache in the Swift daily. You might have missed it since it's on the knitting page. I love it because it doesn't look like a laptop bag... it's minimalist but highly functional and just a little bit feminine. Did you look at the synapse backpacks/brain bag, also? More color options, but perhaps more shopping indecision... Good luck!

There is also the Ristretto, which is actually designed to carry a MacBook in an integrated padded compartment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I loved my Id, and am sorry I don't have it anymore. It was my go-to bag when I was finishing up school. It was also my work & travel bag for a number of years. I switched to an Empire Builder for work because I needed more room, but that's a big bag for what it sounds like you need.

The great thing about the Id is that it's a nice size for flexible carry options. The only thing to keep in mind is that there is minimal padding. You'd probably want a cache or brain cell to keep your Mac safe if you choose the Id, especially when traveling. I used to use a cache and a Freudian slip (for papers and assorted school gear like calculators, extra pens, etc.). On the plus side, however, it was easy to ditch the accessories if I wanted the full space available for day-tripping.
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0