• 2 Post By gochicken
  • 2 Post By BarryLee
  • 1 Post By photocat
  • 2 Post By Ms. Ferret
  • 3 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Rocks

Thread: Color Questions and Confessions

Color Questions and Confessions

I have a confession: color is the determining factor in many of my purchase decisions. I probably would've chosen a Smart Alec if it came in Steel Dyneema/UV. Instead, I went with the Synapse 25 in the same color. I don't regret that decision color-wise. It's beautiful! My color bias doesn't stop there though: I'd love an Aeronaut, but none of the colors are speaking to me. OK, maybe steel ballistic/UV. My last confession: I love green, but alas, not wasabi. At all! I really wish I did. But I do love conifer! My Synapse is conifer. I've had it for a year and still love the color.

How important is color to you? Very? Not at all? Are you willing to wait for a different color combination? What's your favorite TB color? Any color regrets?
    dorayme likes this.

For me, very important (along with material). I have a Smart Alec in Nordic Dyneema and a Synapse 19 in steel Dyneema. I really want (don't "need") a Synapse 25 but will not order one because of color options to this point. I am stubborn that way.
    RhoFro likes this.
    --------------------------------

Color is VERY important to me. Given the fact that ALL the stuff TB makes is high quality and well thought out, color is the primary factor I consider when I'm on a TB shopping spree ("If I don't buy this Swift and LS in Azalea, I will never be able to do it again once they are gone!"), or when I am not in the market for anything, but I find something in my favorite color combo (Black/UV), hence my Black/UV Synapse, Co-Pilot, and LS.

I definitely have held off a purchase because i did not love the color combinations... the Cafe Bags come to mind. But there are so many TB colors I love... Plum, Aubergine, Forest, all the Dyneema colors, etc that the lack of my favorite combo as an option did not deter me from purchasing many, many other things.

I also color code much of my life, and that carries over into my TB stuff. Plus, color just makes me happy.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS & 3D COC, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, UV CQPC, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Color is an important factor in my decision making process as well. I chose the black/cardinal/steel dyneema Smart Alec because of the cardinal. The solar lining was part of the reason I chose the steel dyneema/solar CoPilot. I am most likely to look for bright colors during the winter to counter the long stretches of low clouds and fog.

As a new customer color choice or sometimes the lack of it has been a big determining factor in my purchases. I personally really like the Zephyr, but absolutely do not want another black nylon bag. Obviously Tom Bihn cannot offer all bags in all possible color combinations, but I do wish there were more than one choice for some bags.

Oh how I can relate! Color is equally as important as function to me. I mean if I found the "perfect bag" and it was some hideous color, I'd pass it up. As far as TB bags go, color alone (darn you aubergine / wasabi!) has recently driven a, ahem, less than needed, purchase.

Color is super important to me! My favorite TB color right now is Azalea (2 cafe bags and a 3D clear cube so far), though I'm becoming very fond of Steel Dyneema as well. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't NEED an Azalea MCB because I already have two other MCBs (Punch and Olive), but...

Color is VERY important to me and it greatly affects the choices of when I buy and what I buy TB wise. As gochicken stated, quality isn't an issue with TB bags and accessories, so color is the most important factor after functionality. I adore both Hemp and Cork and am so extremely sad to see them going away, they are by far my favorites. I love them because they go with everything, but have enough personality and uniqueness to give any bag with them a OOAK quality. Being a multicraftual person, I love hand made items, and there is no question in my mind that TB bags are handcrafted. The Cork and Hemp versions just feel that much more so than their nylon sisters IMHO.

I love Aubergine as my favorite ballistic and Nordic is my favorite Dyneema, Plum is my favorite Cordura, though there are others in each grouping that I have and love as well. I will not buy a bag if it doesn't strike me in the color offering. Though, I will say, I have been pleasantly surprised on more than one occasion. I have grown to love colors that initially didn't speak to me. I think this once again comes back to the quality of TB bags. The quality of the fabrics in this case. Many are almost luminescent or glow with variations of color. The depth is hard to see in photographs but is evident when the bag is in hand. This quality also helps them to complement or blend nicely with colors they are in close proximity to. Once again, a quality that you have to observe in real life.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

I do really like steel Dyneema, too. And now I want to see Nordic in person, thanks to dorayme.
    p.s. I love the term "multicraftual"!

It's REALLY important. Even if I love a bag if it comes in a color I don't really like/wear there's no point in getting it.

I've actually been lamenting for weeks the fact that the Swift comes almost entirely in bags with a lot of blue or purple, as they are my least favorite colors. I am desperately waiting for a Black/Black/Iberian or a Steel/any-color-that-is-not-blue-or-purple/Solar Swift to pop up on the drop down menu. (I may also have other Swifts, um, but I am really ready for a brighter option in my closet)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0