Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: Will a Pen/Pencil Pouch fit in a Field Journal Notebook?

Will a Pen/Pencil Pouch fit in a Field Journal Notebook?

The writeup for the Field Journal Notebook says that only the Mini and Small sizes fit, but with the Pen/Pencil Pouch being 9.0 inches long and the FJN being 9.8 tall, it seems like it might. Has anyone tried?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ahclem View Post
    The writeup for the Field Journal Notebook says that only the Mini and Small sizes fit, but with the Pen/Pencil Pouch being 9.0 inches long and the FJN being 9.8 tall, it seems like it might. Has anyone tried?
    Yes, the length of the Pen/Pencil pouch is about the same as the height of the paper used in the Filed Journal Botebook, so it fits quite well in the FJN. In fact, if you aren't storing bulky items inside the pouch, you could probably slip it under the front pouch with dividers and ruler. I could also slip an iPad Mini in there -- I think there's a post of mine with a picture of that.

Thanks, that was what I was hoping. Since I'm planning to use the Pen/Pencil Pouch for a few Pilot Parallel pens, I don't think it would fit under the front pouch, but it doesn't have to for my purposes anyway.

Speaking of pen and pencils, it would be great if we could get a pen/pencil case with the beautiful, useful and not damaging to pens, slots that are in the Field Journal Notebook.

I have a couple of pens there, but I don't want to use the pens slots that are in the Field Journal Notebook. for my fountain pens and metal rollerballs because I am clumsay.

More times than I can remember, I have opened the Field Journal Notebook in a butterfly shape so the pen slots look down.

It is virtually impossible to do with the strap on but... during those times I had forgotten to put it on before opening the Field Journal Notebook.

It is not a big deal when sitting on a sofa and on carpeted floor but, it could be, while sitting in a conference room chair with concrete floor. Especially, since I am more prone to be flustered in anticipation of the speaker appearance or if a tall person park him/herself in front of me blocking the view of said speaker and forcing me to move to another seat.

When I move after being set up, it is like an Inspector Closeau movie, I drop stuff everywhere.

And no, it isn't because, it doesn't fit in my knapsack, it is because it has been unpacked out of it.

Back to the pen case, yes, one with the Field Journal Notebook pens slots would be unique.

I have owned many pen cases since I started primary school, I am also using a fabric pen roll made by an artisan but I set it up inside a Yarn Stuff Sack for portable pen holding at home. I am not that comfortable with unrolling it outside when pens are in the roll.

I am aware that there are plenty of pen cases in the market, I visit many pen related forums and blogs.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0