Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Frank II

Thread: Clear quarter cube and airport security?

Clear quarter cube and airport security?

Anybody flown recently with the clear quarter cube? I'm planning to use one side as my 3-1-1 bag (with a ziploc inside in case anything leaks) and other side for misc travel stuff (chargers, first aid kit, etc).

My question is do I have to take the ziploc out, or can it go through airport security inside the clear quarter cube?

Technically, the ziploc has to come out so they can look through both sides.

However, sometimes they forget.

And sometimes they will ask you to take it out.

And sometimes after you take it out that will be the end of it.

And sometimes after you take it out, they'll go through your entire bag, item by item.

The key to TSA is "sometimes."
    dorayme and tCook like this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

TECHNICALLY, a 3-1-1- bag is supposed to be a "1 quart transparent plastic bag hermetically sealed" per the 3-1-1 website. I have overheard TSA agents say that anything other than a "ziploc" bag is unacceptable, though I do use a Clear Organizer Cube as my 3-1-1 bag and have never personally had an issue with it.

Because the Clear Quarter Cube is only clear on one side however, I think it would probably be an issue if anyone looks at it. The Clear Organizer Cube is clear on both sides and only opaque around the edges.

I use the Clear Org Cube for my 3-1-1 and have never had it questioned before.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I also use my 3-1-1 and it has not raised any question or concern.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0