Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Synapse 25 Splash Guards Fraying

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Mine has similar wear. I've used it daily for a year now and it's been through several downpours. I'm a walker/bike commuter so if I need to get anywhere, I am going outside in all weather. In my experience, the Cordura gets damp more than the zippers let in water. I love mine so much I recently bought a Synapse 25 (Steel/UV) to be my travel bag.
    Thank you for the reassurance. Makes me feel a lot better. I've got to say the Synapse 25 is so far the best bag I've owned. Has any water gotten from the downpours?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    Thank you for the reassurance. Makes me feel a lot better. I've got to say the Synapse 25 is so far the best bag I've owned. Has any water gotten from the downpours?
    I've had it get soaked on the outside and damp on the inside, certainly. The most valuable thing I carry is my iPhone in the phone pocket and it hasn't been damaged yet -- pause while I knock on wood. If my stuff gets wet, I unload it at work or home and let the bag dry out. To be honest, most of the time I'm more concerned with drying *myself* off than the bag! I've never had anything ruined -- knock on wood again!-- which is either lucky considering the weather I go through, or it's a testament to the bag's quality. Seeing as how careless and ill prepared I can be, it's probably the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I've had it get soaked on the outside and damp on the inside, certainly. The most valuable thing I carry is my iPhone in the phone pocket and it hasn't been damaged yet -- pause while I knock on wood. If my stuff gets wet, I unload it at work or home and let the bag dry out. To be honest, most of the time I'm more concerned with drying *myself* off than the bag! I've never had anything ruined -- knock on wood again!-- which is either lucky considering the weather I go through, or it's a testament to the bag's quality. Seeing as how careless and ill prepared I can be, it's probably the latter!
    Thanks. Possibly since mine is dyneema it might off a little more protection with water vs the cordura.

Also if you are worried about your iPhone and it's the iPhone 5 check out the lifeproof nuud case.
    Last edited by chrisc983; 08-06-2013 at 11:46 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydermann View Post
    Still happily waiting for my new Synapse 25...
    Shouldn't be too much longer! Our factory is working on them now.

P.S. I'm glad to hear you guys appreciate these lengthy posts all about materials... our goal is to post more of them on the blog/forums soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I've had the same issue on both my (beloved) Western Flyer and an original Synapse 19. I too was surprised - the WF zippers started doing it after only a few months of use. The bags have otherwise been fine, and I do love them both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0