Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Melissa

Thread: Waist Strap on Side Effect Question

Waist Strap on Side Effect Question

Does the waist strap on the side effect have loops that you can tuck the excess strap into after you've tighten it around your waist? I find that with cheaper fanny packs, I have a lot of excess strap that just dangles down at my sides. I dont really like that. Also, anyone experience the strap loosening on it's own? It's happened where I bent down to do something, and the straps loosened all by themselves. Thanks.

The waist straps do dangle I'm sorry to say. I hate that too. I've tried two solutions. I put small black rubber bands on each one; worked okay. I currently just tuck the hemmed ends into the clip again. The hemming at the ends keep them secure. I will post a picture of what I mean later this morning.
    Last edited by Melissa; 08-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.

The ends were not easy to get in the slot. I had to work at them persistently and gently using a fork time to help pull them through from the other side (using the fork tine to slide into the hem without damaging the webbing). Don't pull the ends all the way through because I don't think you'll be able to back them out again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  616.0 KB

Here is a close up photo.
    SusanM likes this.

And a last word of caution........
    The waist straps are VERY secure. I.e., they are difficult to attach and detach. It takes two hands and some strength. If the waist strap was a little smaller, I could double it up and use it instead, but I'm on the small side too (size 4-6), so even doubled all the way, it's too long.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0