Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ms. Ferret

Thread: Side Effect horizontally in Small Cafe Bag?

Side Effect horizontally in Small Cafe Bag?

The Side Effect measures 22 cm in length, and the SCB measures 21 cm. Will the Side Effect fit horizontally?

From the Side Effect page: "Hint: the Side Effect fits in most of our bags, but we think it works especially well in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, side pocket of the Smart Alec, main compartments of the Small and Medium Cafe Bags, and clipped to the hidden O-rings in the Swift and The Little Swift.)"

I just shoved a bunch of stuff into my (ballistic) Side Effect to bulk it out and stuffed it into my SCB horizontally. It's a bit of a squeeze (tight enough that I can see the imprints of the Side Effect's outer O-rings through the sides of the SCB), but it will go in there, if somewhat ungracefully. Personally I wouldn't do it since it renders the front and inner pockets of the SCB a bit less-functional IMO.

It does fit very comfortably vertically. Also -- I just checked, and my 3D clear cube DOES fit comfortably in the bottom of my SCB in a horizontal orientation (in unrelated news I think I may have just talked myself into getting a 3D Dyneema cube to use as a pseudo-Side-Effect (a "Nocebo"?) in my SCBs).
    SusanM likes this.

Thanks ms. Ferret! That's all I wanted to know!