Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffmac

Thread: Cant decide (one of the TB Syndromes?) between an ID or a Zephyr

Cant decide (one of the TB Syndromes?) between an ID or a Zephyr

I have a dilema. I need a new bag for work and I am struggling between the choice of the ID Messenger bag and the Zephyr briefcase.

Things I carry on my day to day business include;

• Either my 13" HP work laptop or my 13" MacBook Pro Retina
    • Power pack for whichever laptop I am carrying
    • iPad2
    • iPad/iPhone charger and leads
    • Various leads and earbuds in a pouch (currently a 6" long pencil case but will be a TB accessory when I eventually choose which bag to go with)(and knowing me a number of other lovely TB accessories {purely to make the most of the shipping costs of course!})
    • A4 Notebook
    • Two or three A4 file folders (no more than 20 sheets in each)
    • Occasionally my Bose noise excluding headset in its case (when travelling)

My daily routine includes travel to and from the office by car, travel by train to one of our offices in the UK and every month or so a fly away into Europe for a couple of days (I have this great desire to try 1bagging but never seem to manage it given I usually need a suit) On some to these trips I have to leave my 13" laptop behind an take a work 15" machine (a HP) which is a consideration

When visiting clients I have to give a good image and did wonder if the ID will be OK.

I have noted that in terms of given capacity that the ID is the larger! I also know that I have a very very bad habit of filling all the space available so going big on a bag is going to be bad news for my shoulder or arm so I have already discounted the EB. I will be going for the Absolute Shoulder Strap irrespective.

I am pretty sure whichever main bag option I go for I will be going for a Brain Cell to protect the laptop

Have any of you good TB users out there with experience of either the Zephyr or the ID got any helpful comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I have a Zephyr and it is a wonderful "business" bag. The ID might be able to hold a lot but the Zephyr is no slacker in that department. It will easily hold your list with some room left over.

I actually ended up shifting down to a 13" Cadet to limit myself a bit on what I carry around.

Well with the help of @jeffmac (thank you) I have decided to plump for a Zephyr and now in the TB waiting mode lol. Even worse when you are in the UK