Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liz_h

Thread: SCB and a Micro 4/3 Camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1)

SCB and a Micro 4/3 Camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1)

Would this easily fit with a padded organizer pouch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbusteed View Post
    Would this easily fit with a padded organizer pouch?
    With the camera in the pouch, or just in the SCB with a pouch? What lens do you have attached, and/or what other lenses would you be carrying?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

I bought a SCB to use with my Olympus ePen Mini (small!) and a pancake Panasonic lens (small!). I found the SCB to be too small for my needs. If I were only carrying the camera, it might have worked as a camera bag. But I wanted to add an organizer wallet, a small first-aid kit, a few 3"x5" notebooks, and occasionally a kindle e-reader. As such, it was bulging and not what I wanted.

To reiterate--if you're just using it as a mini EDC, fine. If you're just using it as a micro 4/3 bag, fine. But if you want to use it for both? It's too small, in my experience!

I have a padded insert specifically designed for mirrorless cameras, and it fits perfectly in my Medium Cafe Bag. I doubt it would fit in the Small Cafe Bag.

More details on my blog. Here's a picture:

Name:  tom_bihn-mcb2.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  932.9 KB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0