Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarah

Thread: Passport question, does it have a small divider in it?

Passport question, does it have a small divider in it?

Something like an extra piece of fabric to separate a cc from the passport maybe? I have a wallet and such but I'd like to place a spare card and some cash in the pouch and keep them from falling out when I pullout my passport. I'm really concerned about loosing my passport....

Thanks!
    Last edited by Riley; 07-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

I don't have mine with me at the moment, but I don't recall the being a divider inside the Passport Pouch. Would be nice though. I keep my NEXUS card in there as well (even though it comes with its own RFID sleeve), but know to catch it in case it comes out with the passport.

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if I could just stick the clear organizer wallet into the pouch with the passport...
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Thanks! I just want to add one card and few bills, I think the organizer wallet would be too much bulk. I'm also trying to figure out a way to keep my stuff secure, I have one zippered pocket on my pants so that will probably work for my wallet.

I carried a Dyneema organizer wallet inside the passport pouch, along with my passport, during my last trip to Europe. I did not have the wallet very full, so it was not bulky. The wallet reaches to the middle of the velcro closure strip on the pouch, but I never had issue with the pouch staying closed. I also had the wallet's snap hook clipped to one of the pouch's corner o-rings while the wallet was inside the pouch.
    Last edited by Sarah; 07-14-2013 at 06:18 PM.

I just tried a pocket pouch inside the passport pouch, and it worked so well that I think I may do that instead of the organizer wallet next time.

Perhaps because my pocket pouch and wallet are not made of Dyneema, I found the fit to be more like a cram. I would worry that my passport would go "traveling" once I pulled out a pouch or wallet. So for me it doesn't work. Now if the passport pouch were a little larger and closed with a zipper, we'd be in business. Sigh....so many wants, so little time And $$$......
    Monkeylady

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Perhaps because my pocket pouch and wallet are not made of Dyneema, I found the fit to be more like a cram. I would worry that my passport would go "traveling" once I pulled out a pouch or wallet. So for me it doesn't work. Now if the passport pouch were a little larger and closed with a zipper, we'd be in business. Sigh....so many wants, so little time And $$$......
    Monkeylady
    The O-rings on the Passport Pouch fit two clips, so a Pouch can be clipped to each of them.

This is what I did when I had to manage Passport and change at the airport.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0