Aeronaut vs TriStar for a very tall guy?

Greetings everyone,

long time lurker here, I have many tom bihn products already (synapse 25, organizer pouches, et al) and haven't found the urge to ask any questions until my most recent issue. Finally decided to lose the rolling luggage in a quest to board faster. I'm a big guy, 6'10" 305lb and I looked at the tri-star and I'm not sure if I'll be able to accurately fit all my stuff into it. My clothes aren't exactly small, and I watched the new tri-star video thinking wow, that guy must be tiny in comparison to me. Would the aeronaut be a better bet for larger sized clothing and fit? Any bag next to me looks tiny so that's not really the issue, it's mainly fitting everything into the bag.

Thanks!
    flu.x

Go for the Aeronaut, if for no other reason than the flexibility you will have in objects that aren't flat. Will you be bringing any shoes? Are they in proportion to your body? (Not trying to be funny). If they are, you will probably find more ways to potentially pack them, and varying shapes of shoes in the Aeronaut over the Tri-Star.
    Also travel clothing will go a LONG ways towards helping your clothing compact down enough to more easily fit whatever you bring, and since it's designed to be easy care launder-able and resist stains and odors, it will help with you being able to pack less.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I'd give you a second vote for the Aeronaut. I'm nowhere near 6'10" but I'm still a fairly big bloke at 6'2" and about 245lbs. The Aeronaut is the first bag I've owned which swallows my stuff without a problem, and I can still sling it on my back to navigate train stations etc. I always find myself laughing bitterly when people talk about 'ultralight' packing or I see a tiny lady pulling a miniscule wheely case through Paddington Station - small and medium sized people who can fit 3 weeks' worth of clothing in a tiny bag just have no idea how much of a pain it can be packing and toting just normal clothing and gear for a trip when you're larger than average!
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Go for the Aeronaut, if for no other reason than the flexibility you will have in objects that aren't flat. Will you be bringing any shoes? Are they in proportion to your body? (Not trying to be funny). If they are, you will probably find more ways to potentially pack them, and varying shapes of shoes in the Aeronaut over the Tri-Star.
    Also travel clothing will go a LONG ways towards helping your clothing compact down enough to more easily fit whatever you bring, and since it's designed to be easy care launder-able and resist stains and odors, it will help with you being able to pack less.
    I will be bringing shoes, most likely flip-flops and a pair of running shoes. My feet are in proportion to my body, yes. I wear a size 17 shoe, however, as is the case with most shoes, I can bend them to fit into tight packages. I have many easy-clean garments, it's just that they're a bit "larger" if you will in comparison to my wife's who wears a small and is 5'1". Thanks for the tips though!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I'd give you a second vote for the Aeronaut. I'm nowhere near 6'10" but I'm still a fairly big bloke at 6'2" and about 245lbs. The Aeronaut is the first bag I've owned which swallows my stuff without a problem, and I can still sling it on my back to navigate train stations etc. I always find myself laughing bitterly when people talk about 'ultralight' packing or I see a tiny lady pulling a miniscule wheely case through Paddington Station - small and medium sized people who can fit 3 weeks' worth of clothing in a tiny bag just have no idea how much of a pain it can be packing and toting just normal clothing and gear for a trip when you're larger than average!
    I concur completely about Paddington Station, I have to duck through much of the tube entrances and exits, I feel like much of the stairways never compensate for the larger traveler. I get the awkward stares but thanks for the vote, it looks like I may have to get the aeronaut after all. Cheers!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0