Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PaulT00

Thread: The shortest trip you take your Aeronaut on?

The shortest trip you take your Aeronaut on?

What's the shortest trip you'll take your aeronaut on? Do you bring a smaller bag for a weekend? Do you leave the aeronaut until you're gone a week?

I took it on a 3 day/2 night business trip. Didn't wear a couple of things, but I knew I was going to be lugging back purchases (including more TB accessories), so the extra space was worthwhile. I've also used it to just go visit my parents for the weekend since I can also fit smaller bags inside of it.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

I take regularly take mine on fri-sun weekend car trips to visit my parents. I could easily stuff everything I need into a synapse but I really love using the Aeronaut the most of all my bags.

I use the Aeronaut for all kinds of trips... including a two night work trip or an overnight camping trip. The layout and size just work really well for me. Every once and a while I'll just grab a small duffle for an overnight or weekend trip, but I am generally happier when I use the Aeronaut.

Since I got my Aeronaut I have to say it's the only bag I've used other than a day pack for anything longer than a single day trip. Even for single overnights, as a packing solution which can carry whatever kit (clothing, materiel, paperwork, IT) I throw at it, it is superior to e.g. using a backpack. Some of that is pure convenience - my grooming kit lives permanently in a clear quarter cube in an end pocket, my clothes fit however many cubes I need and the laptop slots in on top with any paperwork. A small daypack rolls up and goes in an end pocket with a rain jacket, allowing me to leave the main bulk in my hotel room and carry a small pack with just the essentials to the office. I never fully unpack the Aeronaut; I can pack for a journey of a single night to an entire week in 20 minutes or less; and the flexibility to carry it however is most convenient at any moment means it fits almost every travel situation perfectly. The only thing I haven't done with it yet is actually take the Aeronaut on an Aeroplane!
    dorayme and SusanM like this.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0