Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MTFire

Thread: Glow wire

  1. #1
    Registered User MTFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    11

    Glow wire

    Just got my Smart Alec today, what a great bag! The workmanship and materials are second to none!

    I ordered the Glowwire kit with the bag and I am not sure where to keep/store the driver unit at. The directions say that the unit is not waterproof and must be kept dry. I am thinking maybe mounting it in one of the side pockets and running the wiring through one of the drain grommets. Any other ideas?


    The only problem with my order, and it is not really a problem, was that I ordered (4) 14" utility straps and received the 8" straps. I plan on keeping them and on my next order, ordering the 14" ones.

    Thanks for the info, great shipping times and super products!

    John

    PS the box art was also super, a firefighter on a hose line, I will include a pic of it!

    John

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by MTFire View Post
    The only problem with my order, and it is not really a problem, was that I ordered (4) 14" utility straps and received the 8" straps. I plan on keeping them and on my next order, ordering the 14" ones.
    Call the Tom Bihn folks or email them - they will take care of the error right away. Tom Bihn customer service is amazing.

  3. #3
    Registered User MTFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    11
    Thanks for the reply, don't really have to call, I will keep and use the ones they sent and order the larger ones. So far everything I have seen from Tom Bihn is first rate!

    John
    EricSB likes this.

  4. #4
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by MTFire View Post
    Just got my Smart Alec today, what a great bag! The workmanship and materials are second to none!

    I ordered the Glowwire kit with the bag and I am not sure where to keep/store the driver unit at. The directions say that the unit is not waterproof and must be kept dry. I am thinking maybe mounting it in one of the side pockets and running the wiring through one of the drain grommets. Any other ideas?
    Good thinking! We definitely recommend putting the driver unit in one of the side pockets then weaving the wire through the eyelet. Then weave the wire through the webbing loops and into the eyelet on the other side of the bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by MTFire View Post
    Thanks for the reply, don't really have to call, I will keep and use the ones they sent and order the larger ones. So far everything I have seen from Tom Bihn is first rate!
    Sorry about the mistake! I'll have the correct Utility Straps sent your way immediately.

  5. #5
    Registered User MTFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Good thinking! We definitely recommend putting the driver unit in one of the side pockets then weaving the wire through the eyelet. Then weave the wire through the webbing loops and into the eyelet on the other side of the bag.



    Sorry about the mistake! I'll have the correct Utility Straps sent your way immediately.
    Beau,

    You really don't have to ship the longer ones, I'll keep the short ones and order the longer ones with my next order. The shorter ones will find use on the bags.

    Thanks,

    John


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0