Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cucciasv

Thread: Ristretto or Co-Pilot in Berlin?

Ristretto or Co-Pilot in Berlin?

Hey guys and gals!

I'm trying to make a decision for a trip coming up in a few months and I'd like your opinions. I'm going to be in Berlin for 2 months taking a course and I know I'm going to be taking my new Aeronaut and I was adamant about taking my iPad Ristretto, but now I'm wondering if I should leave the Ristretto and order a Co-Pilot. I'll be packing my Aeronaut with clothes and such and the other personal bag (that I'll be using all over the city and carrying to class) is going to be carrying my iPad, large Moleskine notebook, pens and pencils, iPhone, passport, boarding passes, etc. Now, I thought the Ristretto would be great until I started thinking about how I want to do some traveling on the weekends. I tried packing my Ristretto with a few clothes and such (sans iPad) and it works, BUT there's hardly any wiggle room. I did, however, discover that if I hooked my Side Effect to the shoulder strap clips via caribiners and put the flap over it, I had a new set of pockets and more room! Yeah! BUT, again, I noticed how annoying the flap could be while trying to quickly access my things. Sigh. Should I pull the trigger and order a Co-Pilot? I'm kind of leaning that way, but I'd like to hear some more opinions.

Thanks everybody!

I think the Co-Pilot is a much better option if you want to carry something extra like a few clothes, a water bottle, or a novel or travel guidebook. That's why I bought one to replace my Ristretto. I found the Ristretto was fine for an iPad, notebook, pens, wallet and keys, but didn't function so well when I tried to jam any more in.

Jonathan

For what you've described I would choose the CP in dyneema. It seems,to me anyway, to have a bit of give that allows for that one last thing we need to stuff in the bag.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Thanks, guys! I think I am going to pull the trigger here on the CP. I'd like a dyneema bag, but the Steel/Ultraviolet is just really speaking to me. Maybe (probably) someday...ha!

I just placed my order. I figured I could also use the CP for various other things, so I had a darn good reason to place yet another order! Haha! I also got some more organizational items. I feel that I can never just order ONE thing. TBAS has already set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    I just placed my order. I figured I could also use the CP for various other things, so I had a darn good reason to place yet another order! Haha! I also got some more organizational items. I feel that I can never just order ONE thing. TBAS has already set in.
    Congrats! Did you go with the Steel/UV? I'm torn between dyneema and Black/Iberian, but also waiting to say what today's big "new" product reveal is.

Just to help relieve you of the inevitable post-purchase cognitive dissonance you might be going through ... I'm here to tell you that I just completed a trip to Italy with my Aeronaut (Steel/Ultraviolet) and my Co-Pilot (Navy/Iberian). What a fantastic combination; it all worked perfectly for one-bag travel.

When at home, I use the Co-Pilot as my EDC/murse. I love it. Although I occasionally use a Ristretto for iPad, the Co-Pilot was a logical for me to outfit it for my international travel. Along with the Absolute Strap, my Co-Pilot held all my necessities, my tech (two iPhones and an iPad mini), related accouterments, documents, and more.

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

My Co-Pilot and Aeronaut waiting to board on a Lufthansa flight from Munich to Milano Malpensa.
    Name:  Cuccia-IMG_6616.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  142.9 KB

I did get the steel/UV! I'm so excited to get it! I do think I went with the right choice in getting the CP instead of using the Ristretto...I hope it's not too mad at me...I still love it dearly! Especially in the Aubergine/Steel Dyneema combo..

Well, now that I have my Steel/UV CP, I'm in love. But now I'm left wondering if I should have gotten the CP in Aubergine...love that color...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0