Freudian Slip Use Case?

Hi folks,

I've looked through the forum archives but haven't found a thread or response directly on point. Apologies if this is well-trod ground.

For you Freudian Slippers out there: what is your use case for it? That is, when do you use it and what does it do for you?

I understand that it can hold pens and pads etc, but what I am wondering is for those who are actually using it, what are you doing with it?

I've had an EB for 5+ years and a horizontal Freudian Slip that goes with it. I want to love and use the Freudian Slip. Really, I do. But every time I load it up and stuff it in the bag it is just kind of... extraneous.

Those of you that love your Slip, I'd love to hear the whens, whys and hows of it fitting into your world.

I use a vertical Freudian Slip in a Smart Alec. For me, it adds structure to the bag and helps to keep papers from folding and getting crunched. I also use it to hold varied cables and chargers, small notebooks, mail form the office, documents I need to transport around and so on. It is nice to be able to just pull it out and have organize access to things I need. It is an integral part of my daily carry when I use the Smart Alec and I frequently use it for travel to organize/offer easy access to documents, for work and travel. I would love for some version of this to be available for the Synapse 19. I have a horizontal FS that I purchased when I used briefcase/messenger type bags and, honestly, I did not use it much. I consider selling it from time to time, and maybe someday I will!

I had the same thought as the op here. I am a minimalist at heart, and I have converted most of my stuff to digital. I rarely have anything on paper anymore other than a quick jot notebook.

I have a vertical FS and admit that I hardly use it. I found that it added too much bulk to my bags (Brain Bag and now Smart Alec). I switched to a simple large Dyneema clear organizer pouch to carry a few folders/papers and a notebook. Much more sleek, for me.
    --------------------------------

I use the vertical FS in a non-TB backpack for school. It's nice because it helps make more efficient use of the vertical space, which is otherwise wasted. Each class had a space on one side for a folder and a notebook and the other side typically had pens, index cards, a small stapler - that sort of thing. It worked well for that situation, but I find I don't use it outside of that capacity.

I have my vertical FS in my Smart Alec. I initially resisted buying it, because I wanted to see if a cheaper solution could be had. And the answer is yes, a large redweld folder with a cover kind of did the trick of protecting my papers and books, but the FS organizes all my papery stuff better. Manila folders, bills, paperback books, planner, along with a mini-notebook and pens and knick-knacks in the smaller pockets. I'm not anticipating a major move towards digital anytime soon for my personal needs, so the FS has worked out quite well for me so far.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0