Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By travls

Thread: What size stuff sack(s) fits in Synapse 25 water bottle pocket?

What size stuff sack(s) fits in Synapse 25 water bottle pocket?

I have a Synapse 25 and am trying to figure out which size TB stuff sacks will fit in the water bottle pocket. I only have a size 2 stuff sack to try and it fits nicely with room to spare.

Can anyone tell me if the water bottle pouch on their Synapse 25 will accommodate a size 3 or 4 Tom Bihn stuff sack?

Many thanks!

Well, the water bottle pocket is about 10x6. I have a small yarn stuff sack. If I stuff it full it fits and is about 4 inches shy of the top. I wouldn't want anything bigger around though. It is a snug fit in terms of diameter. Seems to me a large yarn stuff sack would be the best fit. All that said I have no way to confirm it with certainty. Not sure that helps you much either.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Thanks, Moose. I agree about the diameter thing: I took my #2 stuff sack and jammed in a down jacket so the stuff sack was packed solid. It fit in the water bottle pocket of my Synapse 25 fine, albeit with a bit of jiggling from side to side to get it in. It also fit in the water bottle pocket of my Synapse 19, by the way.

So, to those who wonder in the future and come across this thread: a #2 stuff sack will fit in the water bottle pocket of a Synapse 25 (with some space left on top for something small). I didn't have a #3 sack to try but if tightly stuffed I don't believed a larger sack will fit. The diameter of the opening is the rate-limiting step.

By the way, even with the water bottle pocket densely packed both Synapses weren't deformed or lumpy. A very impressive design!

It might help some people on the thread below, Cucciasv fit his iPad Mini in a Tom Bihn Cache in the Water Bottle Pocket.

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...ipad-mini.html

I know my Kindle and its case fit in the 25 water bottle pocket. There is a ton of space left over too.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0