Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bchaplin
  • 1 Post By Beau
  • 1 Post By daisy

Thread: Which bags does the new Side Effect fit in well?

Which bags does the new Side Effect fit in well?

I'm curious about how well the new Side Effect fits in the Co-Pilot. Will it fit upright in one of the interior half-pockets? Or would I have to put it in the main pocket lengthwise? If the latter, how much room is left?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by snowbot; 06-12-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

In my dyneema Co-Pilot, with the ballistic nylon Side Effect, it does not fit in the front half-pockets. Maybe someone else can comment if they managed to fit theirs in; could be different with the dyneema Side Effect. It will go in the back, of course, but takes up a lot of space. I like the Side Effect a lot and use it every day, but I may leave it home in favor of a smaller 'purse' if using the Co-Pilot as my day-bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    I just tried fitting a Dyneema Side Effect into one of the front half-pockets of the Co-Pilot without any luck. With the Side Effect in the center of the main compartment, there was about 1-inch of space on either side, and approximately 4-inches above it.

Thanks for checking and the detailed descriptions, bchaplin and Beau!

The Side Effect does seem to fit well in the back, main compartment if it is vertical. This might work if there was something on the other side that was sized for the remaining space and balanced the weight.

My Side Effect has been ordered!

I believe the SE is the same size as the 3D Cubes, then it will fit perfectly in the main/back compartment pockets. I've got a 3DC in each rear pocket and they are made for it.

Last week I saw a product on the Touch of Modern site that was a leather folder/pouch with an external battery and USB hub for charging multiple electronics. At $75 was rather slick looking and I may have bought it had it listed the battery capacity. It would have fit in one of the front pockets. Then I thought, "why not buy my own know quality/quantity charger (>5400mA), use my existing hub and put it all in an SE that will replace one of my 3DC's?" Bam! Research into external batteries is in progress...
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

The Side Effect -- at least the ballistic version -- does not fit in the back compartment pockets of the Co-Pilot. I have both at my desk right now, and I tried it out. The Side Effect is slightly larger than the 3D cubes.

The Side Effect is quite a bit larger than the 3D cubes. I can tell you it fits well into the front pockets of a Smart Alec!
    --------------------------------

Rats! So ends my proposed TB accessory marketing empire...

I'll have to mod a 3DC then.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

I received my new aubergine SideEffect yesterday - I tried it in the lower pocket of my Synapse19 and decided it was not a good fit - then today I tried it again and decided that actually it does work there ... I think .... the fit is quite snug end to end and yet there seems to be a bit of wasted space beside it. I have a hard time leaving any space unfilled, yet I hate a crammed full bag. I currently have all my TB stuff laid out on the bed and tinker with it every time I walk past.

The Synapse and I are having a protracted conversation about just how it needs to be packed.

However, the SideEffect is a sweetie and I luuuuurrrrve the colour.
    List under construction ....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0