Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Synapse 25 & Freudian Slip

acv

Synapse 25 & Freudian Slip

Will the vertical Freudian Slip fit in the Synapse 25? I'm guessing the horizontal won't fit - going by the dimensions.
    Moose and dorayme like this.

acv, I've been wondering exactly the same thing. Hope someone can tell us.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acv View Post
    Will the vertical Freudian Slip fit in the Synapse 25? I'm guessing the horizontal won't fit - going by the dimensions.
    We've actually tested out the fit, and we don't recommend it. The corners of the Freudian Slip press up against the main compartment's zipper which could potentially lead to some issues down the road. There are rumors floating around regarding Synapse-sized Freudian Slip becoming available at some point, though there isn't any concrete news (or estimated pre-order date) as of yet.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Corners.
    I was wondering if that would be the point of issue, haha.

Thanks Beau, it would be wonderful if there were a Synapse sized freudian made. Maybe it would also play nice with the Swift?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

acv
    Thanks for the reply!

acv
    Any update on the rumors for an S25 sized freudian slip?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    No updates yet!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

acv
    After a lot of searching I have yet to find anyone else making anything similar to this.....It's such a great idea I'm surprised no one is making a clone.

Well, I'm going to keep searching and keep my fingers crossed that TB will make one that fits the S25.

Thanks Darcy!

Does anybody use a horizontal freudian slip in the Synapse 25? Turned vertically it seems like it would fit. It's not ideal - you would have to pull it out of the bag to access the things stored in it, but it could work.

I have used my vertical freudian slip in a horizontal mode in my Checkpoint Flyer and it works fine. The pockets and mesh are made such that nothing falls out. So, using a horizontal freudian slip (if it fits) in a vertical mode should work fine. The horizontal slip also has some zip pockets to further ensure nothing falls out. Alternately, you could fold back the edges of a vertical freudian slip slightly and use clips to hold them back to make it fit your Synapse 25 if your heart is set on a vertical freudian slip.

Also, until they develop a freudian slip for the Synapse 25, perhaps you could use the Grid-It system.

Cocoon - grid-it!<sup>&reg</sup>

I use this to organize smaller items in my Brain Bag pockets but they have larger versions that could work in the main section of your Synapse 25.

acv
    Grid-Its seem so cool but I never liked them in the end. I tried a couple sizes and different uses but it never worked.

I want something to organize files/note pads/journal etc. and a few other odds and ends. The Freudian Slip would be perfect. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for one that will fit the S25.

In the meantime, I use one or two Large Organizer Pouches color coded by subject and organized with plastic and cardboard file folders or binder pocket folders.

Snowbot post and image below show how much paper can fit into a Large Organizer Pouch

Large organizer pouch

acv
    I wonder if I can modify the vertical by cutting the corners and resewing it up..........

I think you could definitely do that as a DIY project. Please note tht the freudian slip's "board" is soft and bendable. Bending and clipping the bent portion may be your easiest solution too.

acv
    Quick question for the Tom Bihn Crew:
    What are the dimensions of the lower mesh pockets on the vert. freud. slip?
    Last edited by acv; 11-22-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0