Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tzporah
  • 1 Post By hamiltee
  • 3 Post By hamiltee

Thread: Linen Cafe Bag - Denim stains?

Linen Cafe Bag - Denim stains?

Hi all! I'm looking at the small cafe bag in linen; it would be my first Tom Bihn purchase! It's very similar to an old bag I'm replacing, so I think I'd like the size. I've read other's comments about the linen color and the everyday dust and dirt issues, but I didn't see my specific question addressed: Has anyone found the blue from your denim blue jeans rubs off onto your linen CB? I've encountered this with some other light colored bags I've owned. Your comments on the blue jean question or any other stain issues would be appreciated! Thanks!

P.S.-
    Can you use a fabric protector spray on the Cordura material?

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I cannot speak specifically to Linen Cordura MCB, but I have had indigo dyed Eddie Bauer skinny jeans transfer blue to my Azalea MCB. Of course those jeans came with a warning label sewn in about prewashing and color transfer. They also transfer blue onto other clothing/bags. I have owned them for 2 years and if I scratch my fingernails on my leg while wearing them, my nails turn blue.

I think the issue with color transfer from jeans has more to do with the dye process and denim manufacturer than the bag you carry. jm2c.

fwiw, my Azalea MCB washed clean.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I've worn a linen MCB for years. It looks pretty much like the day I got it. I almost exclusively wear jeans when I'm not in work clothes. Granted, I rarely buy new jeans (tend to pick them up at thrift shops). My cats even use it as a bed when I'm not carrying it, after brushing off the cat hair, everything is good.
    earth5 likes this.

Like TZporah, I too wear jeans all the time and have never had a problem with my linen LCB taking on any color. I even have a new pair of deep-dyed jeans I just got, and no issues. Honestly, I just don't have the problems with the color like other do. My black cat likes to sleep on the bag as well, and like Tz's, my linen LCB look like new. No stains, smudges, and honestly, the cat's hair doesn't stick to it either (she is a domestic short-hair though).

Thanks for the posts. I probably didn't need much encouragement, but I'm glad to hear the linen will work well. I've placed my order for a linen SCB (and an olive MCB!). Now I've gotta wait until next week for its arrival... Torture! ;-)
    earth5 likes this.

Woohoo! My bags - SCB and MCB - have arrived! I have to say the linen color is darker than I thought, based on the pictures, which actually minimizes my concerns about staining easily. It's still a lovely color, but the picture appears more white than it is in reality. It's a bit more pewter-y, with a little sheen to it. I look forward to their inaugural runs!