Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Synapse 19 or 25?

I am trying to decide between the Synapse 19 or 25. The smaller the better for me because I like to stow my bag under my airline seat. But, will the 19 hold 2 pants, 4 shirts, 3 socks, 3 underwear, sleepwear and 3-1-1 bag? Or do I need to go with the larger 25? And if the 25, will it fit under most seats (yes I know they vary)Please advise.
    Thank you

HI Carolina: it all depends on the size of the pants and how you pack them. But a packing cube should hold pants and shirts; and socks, underclothes, sleepwear should go into another one. I can usually fit 2 small Western Flyer packing cubes, plus another cube in there; or an Eagle Creek specter cube, a WF small cube, and other small ones in the main compartment. The 3D organizer cube with toiletries goes in the bottom pocket perfectly and makes it easy to pull out. I also put a lot of stuff into the side pockets; and can hang other things in pouches in the main compartment and side compartments. I have been able to fit a lot into the Synapse 19--which is what I have. I am a Petite size 12; shoe size 7 if that provides any help. I can get a pair of sandals in there too quite easily! And the new Dyneema ones will have even more give...

Shiva is correct about the pants. My last 5 day trip I packed 1 pair of pants, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 tshirts, 2 button down shirts, 3 underwear, 3 pairs of socks, 1 sports bra, 1 raincoat, 1 large but thin book, 3-1-1 kit, 1 insulated water/coffee mug, plus some other things in the side pockets. On this trip my ipad and cables went in my co-pilot, however, on other trips, everything is in the Synapse 19. I use the co-pilot for overflow only.

I use a medium Tristar packing cube. My raincoat and down parka have their own stuff sacks.

However, a Synaspe 25 would guarantee that the pants and even extra shoes could fit.

By the way, on the way home all of the overhead bins were full so both synapse 19 and co-pilot went under the seat. Tight fit for both but it worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Canonsue; 05-21-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    Synapse 19, Travel Tray, PCSB, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

I got the synapse 25 under the seat of a regional jet. I was sitting on the single seat side of the plane.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0