Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Synapse 19 & Ipad Cache

acv

Synapse 19 & Ipad Cache

Will a horizontal Ipad cache fit in the pocket in the the main space of the synapse 19 in the horizontal position?

The Medium Padded Pouch fits in the pocket of the main compartment but it's a tight fit.

Medium Padded Pouch measures: 10.3" x 7" (260 x 180 mm)

Cache for iPad mini dimensions: 7.87" x 5.3" x 0.28" / 200 x 134.7 x 7.2 mm

The Cache is smaller so it will most probably fit!
    Darcy likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by acv View Post
    Will a horizontal Ipad cache fit in the pocket in the the main space of the synapse 19 in the horizontal position?
    Yes, the Synapse 19 will fit the regular iPad in a horizontal cache, inserted into the main compartment horizontally. It can go into the pocket this way, but the fit is tighter than if you just insert directly into the main compartment with this orientation, because if the shaping if the front of the bag and the elastic at the top if the pouch.
    Darcy likes this.

acv
    Thanks for the responses. Would it be better to go with a vertical cache for ease of retrieval from the pocket in the main space of the S19?

Thanks for the responses. Would it be better to go with a vertical cache for ease of retrieval from the pocket in the main space of the S19?

I bought a vertical Cache for my netbook and the ancestor of the Vertical Cache my iBook.

I believe the vertical orientation is much easier to use with a backpack.

Volunteer Moderator
    I think this is really a matter of your choice, and how the cache would fit with other bags that you carry. If you're using a cache on rails, where having the opening of the cache close to the top of the bag is a plus, then you'd want the vertical cache. But if you're storing the iPad with its cache in the inner pocket of the Synapse, you'll be pulling the whole iPad + cache out of the bag, anyway, to access the device, so you can open it in either orientation. If you're going to carry your iPad with Cache in other bags, then the likely orientation of those bags, can also be a factor. If you want to switch to a Cafe Bag or the front pocket of a Ristretto, then a vertical design may work better. If you are using an Imago, Little Swift, or the front pockets of a TriStar or Western Flyer with your iPad with Cache, then a horizontal cache might work better. Just my thoughts. I think you can use either design.

acv
    Thanks! Very helpful.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0