Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Will a camera i/o work in the Synapse 25?

Will a camera i/o work in the Synapse 25?

I'm curious to know if I can hook a camera i/o into the clips on a Synapse 25?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwvanderbe View Post
    I'm curious to know if I can hook a camera i/o into the clips on a Synapse 25?
    No, the Camera I/O is too wide for the Synapse 25. It's also slightly too wide to fit into the Smart Alec. Take a look at the pictures in the most recent thread under customer pictures http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...k-options.html. Look how much wider the Brain Bag, that does fit the camera I/O, is compared to the Synapse 25.
    Darcy likes this.

Thanks for the link. In that picture it looks to me as though the S25 is actually wider than the BB down at the bottom. But I guess that doesn't do any good if its too narrow at the top to get the Camera I/O in

Bummer. My camera and lens EASILY fit into my bag, I just need to find a way to put them in there safely and I liked the look of the Camera I/O.

I can probably just use a standard small camera bag for now, though it won't be secured in there.

This has been on my mind lately. I love using my I-O bag, but the Brain Bag is just too big for my daypack needs. I intend to buy the Synapse 25, but sure wish I could shrink my I-O bag to fit it in. I've been carrying an old REI backpack with a Porteen camera bag stuffed inside. It works, but is far from ideal.

So, I'm going to buy the Synapse 25, and will search for an insert for my camera. A friend is using the small Timbuk2 camera insert in her Synapse 19, and it is working well. It's not nearly as supportive or well made as the I-O, though.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

People who want smaller camera bags should hold their horses!

Darcy said that Tom is working on many new designs and he did say on the Tom Bihn On design and build video :"The more stuff, the less fun"

So it makes sense that he would design stuff to hold fragile things securely in his/our smaller bags.

Anyway, if this is a trend among us, we should make noise and ask the Wonderful Crew for photo inserts for smaller bags!

I have a feeling that the velcro grippy leaves from the Camera I/O would work on any size insert.

I am one of the person who is not going to go up to the big digital camera. My curent setup fits in the Small Cafe Bag, perfect for birding, but I had to do a wonky D.I.Y to protect it.

By the way Tom is right about less stuff and more fun, I really felt lighter!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0