Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jannilee
  • 2 Post By Badger

Thread: Tri-Star: Machine Washable?

Tri-Star: Machine Washable?

How do you Tri-Star owners wash the bag? Do you have to wash it by hand, or is it machine washable? Are you decreasing the life-span of the bag by throwing it in the washing machine?

Absolutely NOT! It is not good for the bag and voids the warranty. See here. TOM BIHN: FAQs
    Darcy likes this.

definitely do not machine wash it. the tag inside the bag should have instructions (warm water hand wash w/ mild soap, line dry, don't machine wash/bleach/iron it, says my Aeronaut's tag)

Thanks! That certainly answers my question. However, does this mean that it is inadvisable to take the tri-star out on trips where I expect it to get quite dirty (like backpacking / camping trips)?

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler38 View Post
    Thanks! That certainly answers my question. However, does this mean that it is inadvisable to take the tri-star out on trips where I expect it to get quite dirty (like backpacking / camping trips)?
    The ballistic material used in the TriStar is very easy to clean with a damp rag and I wouldn't worry about it getting dirty but the TriStar/Western Flyer/Aeronaut bags aren't ideally suited for backpacking because of their design - you'd be better off with a backpack type of bag like the Synapse, BrainBag or Smart Alec.

No quality bag should be washed in a washing machine.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler38 View Post
    my tom bihn bags appreciate a swim in the bathtub with some mild dish soap when i get them dirty!

I think if this photo is any indicator, you don't need to worry about getting a TB bag dirty.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0