Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DrewDT
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Synapse 25 Accessorizing and organizing

Synapse 25 Accessorizing and organizing

Hello all, I'm new to Tom Bihn gear and am excited about the Synapse 25 I just received. I'm figuring out what will work for me as far as organization and loading it up. I'd appreciate hearing what accessories others have purchased for their Synapse 25 and how you've loaded the various compartments.
    I have some initial ideas but I've found many ideas found here may inspire me to rethink.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We made a short video that shows which accessories we like to use with the Synapse 25:

Bottom exterior pocket: Snake Charmer (Wasabi)

Left and right exterior front pockets: Travel Stuff Sack, Size 1 (Steel)

Top exterior pocket: Mini Padded Organizer Pouch (or any other Mini Organizer Pouch, Pocket Pouch, or Clear Organizer Wallet)

Exterior water bottle pocket: Travel Stuff Sack, Size 2 (Wasabi)

Main compartment: 2 Medium Tri-Star Packing Cubes (could alternately fit 4 Small Tri-Star Packing Cubes), 3D Mesh Organizer Cube (3D Dyneema or 3D Clear would work as well) in Olive tethered with a Key Strap in Wasabi.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you for the tips Darcy, I've purchased everything you recommended and the side effect as well. By the way, the Mini Padded Organizer Pouch is a perfect fit for another new acquisition an HDS Systems Rotary flashlight in case anyone has one of these and is wondering.
    I'd like to outfit a first aid kit as well to carry in my Synapse 25 and wonder if anyone has suggestions on a good case for this. I use a Maxpedition FR-1 Pouch in my tactical type bags and like it because it offers compartmentalization for better organization of the small first aid items (bandaids, neosporin, scissors, tweezers, gauze, meds, etc.) Is the a small Tom Bihn cube, pouch, sack etc that can fit the bill for an organized FAK?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0