Yam

Question about zippers

Hi all,

So, I know that the TB zippers are water-resistant...but how do they compare with something like this?
    AQUASEAL®/VISLON® Zipper/Zipper / YKK FASTENING PRODUCTS GROUP

I've heard good things about the AquaSeal zipper (easy to pull, doesn't wear on the waterproof part since it's between the teeth of the zipper), but I was curious what you all thought.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We too have heard and seen good things about YKK's AquaSeal Vislon zippers. However, while toothed zippers can be great for straight-aways (like on a jacket -- zips up and down), they tend to bind or jam when navigating any but the most gentle curve. Our designs feature many curved openings and we've found that coil zippers just work better: they slide more smoothly, jam less.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Yam
    Hmm, interesting, I never thought about that...I'll have to take a closer look the next time I see one of those zippers.

Thanks for the answer!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0