Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Remove and reuse cord zipper pulls

Is there a way to remove the cord zipper pulls in such a fashion that I can reuse them at a later date?
    I like to replace the ones on my Synapse with my extra RO Monkey Fist zipper knots.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    You can pull them apart by pushing a fine screwdriver in to the hole the cord goes in to open them up, then using the same tool to lever them apart, but mind your fingers! On the other hand, at $3 for 8, is it worth the hassle/risk?

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by Arid View Post
    Is there a way to remove the cord zipper pulls in such a fashion that I can reuse them at a later date?
    I like to replace the ones on my Synapse with my extra RO Monkey Fist zipper knots.
    Doesn't the Synapse have the pulls attached directly to the zipper instead of to the metal zipper pulls? If that is the case, then the RO pulls won't fit properly (assuming you can even get them through the hole) as they will be perpendicular to the zipper rather than being parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    You can pull them apart by pushing a fine screwdriver in to the hole the cord goes in to open them up, then using the same tool to lever them apart, but mind your fingers! On the other hand, at $3 for 8, is it worth the hassle/risk?
    It isn't only the $3 but also the shipping charges. Also, why waste something when you can easily reuse them.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Ceb you are right. It barely fits into the hole as the RO pulls are a loop and not a single strand.
    There goes that idea!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0