Best colors re. Dirt

Which Tri Star and Aeronaut colors should I consider if I am concerned about the bag showing dirt? Some of my anticipated usage involves trips to developing nations. Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi JimmyJeff!

take a look at this post from darcy where she mentions how easily dirt brushes off of her dyneema bags!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi JimmyJeff!

take a look at this post from darcy where she mentions how easily dirt brushes off of her dyneema bags!
    I had seen that post regarding the dyneema, but I remember seeing a couple of linked TriStar reviews that noted some issues (with the red, I think, and it seems like maybe the indigo) with the other fabric. Maybe they just addressed dirt showing before it was brushed off or something.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJeff View Post
    I had seen that post regarding the dyneema, but I remember seeing a couple of linked TriStar reviews that noted some issues (with the red, I think, and it seems like maybe the indigo) with the other fabric. Maybe they just addressed dirt showing before it was brushed off or something.
    i have gotten my 1050d ballistic nylon bags dirty when traveling. i remember when i checked in my crimson aeronaut that it came out looking rather dirty after brushing up against all the other checked bags. but it cleaned up handsomely after a bath using a mild dish soap!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi JimmyJeff!

I am more likely to get the ballistic; does that make a difference?

Thanks, maverick. I'm leaning toward the other material, however, so I would still be interested in other people's thoughts and experiences. I seem to remember reading a couple of reviews where people noted they would choose a different color n retrospect (for this reason).

If you prefer the ballistic material, I've had success thus far on my trial run with my Tri-Star in Steel/Ultraviolet. It went back and forth from the hotel to field events that were hot & dusty the first day, wet and muddy the second day and raining down pine pollen in between. I was initially going to order the black/wasabi but reconsidered because it would likely show more dirt and dog hair; same reason my vehicles have all been either silver or charcoal grey. I don't know what the Bihn "best sellers" are regarding color but I love the Steel/UV combination for being stylish and functional.

I have had a steel/solar TriStar for a couple of years and have traveled a fair amount with it by car and plane. It looks almost new. Dirt has never been an issue. It has easily brushed off. If the bag was wet when it got dirty, I just let it dry and then brushed the dirt off. No staining, one small scuff. I would not worry too much about it.

Thanks to all for the helpful input

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0