Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How does the steel dyneema *really* look like?

Quote Originally Posted by matsui View Post
    It certainly does matter, depending on the reasons for your preferences. That is why we read forums and reviews etc to align our preferences with experiences of others and then see which (experiences and choices) are closer to our preferences. In terms of color for me its black vs steel dyneema. I travel in planes and travel mainly for business related trips. No specific weight requirements on airlines I travel most with.
    You could go with either bag. As I'm getting older, and my shoulder pain gets worse, I tend to go for a lighter bag. But if my trip warrants a sturdier bag, I'll go with the older model.

I have lots of bags for carry-on--seven to be exact--and not all Tom Bihn. I decide which bag I'm going to take depending on the type of trip involved. While I lean towards the TB bags, I will also consider the others.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by lomo View Post
    What I did: my bag obsessed sons were making me crazy Should I get the Dyneema Synapse or the Black/Iberian? How Red is the Cardinal Ballistic? How Yellow or Green is Wasabi?

So I bought bunch of pouches and shopping bags- stuff we would use anyway, but in colors that stopped the endless nagging questions--"Do you think I would like x or y better?"

We are a larger than average family, so having a half dozen small clear pouches isn't unreasonable (and we could use about two dozen shop bags without even thinking too hard about it)-
    That's a good idea actually. Though I don't think I need extra accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I second what Frank II says about personal preference.

Do you know if the airline you will be flying in June has weight requirement?
    Yes it's 7kg carry on luggage, and I don't expect to carry that much on board with me.

Quote Originally Posted by fancypanda View Post
    That's a good idea actually. Though I don't think I need extra accessories.
    Don't need extra accessories? Nobody NEEDS extra accessories...just like nobody NEEDS chocolate or Smartwool socks...but without them what a bleak and dreary existence....

I took your advice lomo..and along with my Synapse 25, I got a Travel Stuff Sack size 3 in the Steel dyneema Along with a key strap and that pretty red guardian light..but I hope that's where it ends since I realised that I need to exercise some self control now I play the waiting game, though the longer I wait the more likely I'm to send in emails to add extra stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0