Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Aeronaut vs TriStar when partially full

I am looking for a single bag that will fill a wide variety of purposes and have narrowed my search to these two options. Is one easer to handle than the other when the bags are only partially packed?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJeff View Post
    I am looking for a single bag that will fill a wide variety of purposes...
    The Aeronaut offers the most flexibility with its one large compartment and two end pockets. The TriStar requires more careful packing with its three parallel compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJeff View Post
    ...Is one easer to handle than the other when the bags are only partially packed?
    The shape of the Tri-Star compartments tends to add more structure to the bag when any one of them is filled. I like the way an underpacked Aeronaut wraps around my hip, conforming better to me than the TriStar does. Given its lower volume than the Aeronaut, I'd say you're less likely to underpack the Tri-Star.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    If I could only retain one TB bags it would be one of my aeronauts, without a doubt! It is superflexible and would certainly last a lifetime, so is simply a great bag! That being said, if you really believe that you will never fill it full then either TriStar or the western flyer are also fantastic bags, but neither are flexible as the aeronaut.
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 04-12-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0