Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Tri-Star buckle in the back

I have an opportunity to take my new Tri-Star on a test run for a weekend trip and came across something unexpected while I was packing last night. In the rear pocket is a flap for (I presume) tucking in a packing cube. Is there suppose to be an unattached buckle sealed inside that flap? I can feel it, it's the same size as the buckle in the tie-downs in this same pocket but it's not attached to anything. I don't know why it's there. Maybe someone with a Tri-Star can explain if this has a function? If it's a production error I don't want to take the tags off.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Tammy

Name:  tristar.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  29.7 KB

Aaah! Those are the buckles for your backpack straps. They are accessed from the outside of the bag. Enjoy your tristar. Whoch colour combo did you get?

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to go back and re-examine the mechanics. I thought that flap was sealed all the way around and it was just floating in there. Great news that I get to test drive the Tri this weekend before the Euro excursion. I got the Steel/Ultraviolet. I love that combo, especially with light green packing cubes.

I have a friend who bought a Navy Tri-Star after I raved about mine and she just used it for a conference in Orlando. Described it as the clown car of luggage; you can't believe how much stuff comes out of it.

Tammy

I have a steel uv western flyer. My biggest advice is to pack less than you think you will need. The main problem with the Tom Bihn bags is their TARDIS technology. It is really easy to pack too much in them.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0