Some questions please to help me narrow down the right bag
So i've done a lot of research of various bags and i've decided that Tom Bihn is the way to go.
Problem is i'm having trouble finding the perfect bag from the lineup for me. First off I have a couple of very specific questions, then after that i'd like to describe the "perfect" bag for me and see what people might suggest.
So some questions:
- What bags are capable of holding BOTH a BrainCell for a 15" MBP Retina, AND a Camera I-O?
- Can the Empire Builder be used with a Q-AM strap?
- How usable is the Empire Builder when riding on a bike?
- Is one of the keychain straps accessible on the Empire Builder with one hand? From the looks of it, it looks like you have to open up the flap first to get to the pockets that hold keys. I'm concerned about quick one handed access to my keys and fob.
- The BrainBag looks like it holds a lot, but has little organization. How does it work out if you only put a few things in it? Looks like it would suffer form everything just piling up in the bottom
My ideal bag?
My ideal bag would have lots of pockets that force organization, rather than throwing everything in on pile. It would hold my laptop, iPad, SLR camera, 1 or 2 lenses, and assorted accessories for these items. Ideally it would be the messenger style bag, and would be easy to use both as a pedestrian, and a cyclist, as well as on public transit such as the bus, subway, ferry, and train. It would provide quick, easy access to small vital items such as keys, wallet, passport, etc. Ideally it would be versatile to handle both small everyday loads, and larger weekender loads.
Right now i'm leaning towards the Empire Builder, but i've not decided yet.
Thanks in advance to everyone!