Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Some questions please to help me narrow down the right bag

Excellent! Decision made. I just pre ordered my Synapse 25. Hopefully the timing will work out right and i'll get it somewhere around the time I get the laptop.

Any suggestions on extra organizers that would go well with the bag and what i'm looking to do with it?

Thanks everyone you have been a great help!

Quote Originally Posted by jwvanderbe View Post
    You know that might not be a bad idea, and seeing the bags might help me finally make a decision.

I could take Amtrak down to Seattle. Wonder how close to the train station they are...

26 minutes away with bus 131 or 132 303 S Jackson St
    Seattle, WA 98104
    Walk to 3rd Ave S & S Main St
    About 2 mins (456 ft)
    3rd Ave S & S Main St
    Bus LOCAL towards Burien TC, Highland Park
    2:51pm - 3:05pm (14 mins, 9 stops)
    4th Ave S & S Dawson St
    Walk to 4750 Ohio Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134
    About 10 mins (0.5 mi)

4750 Ohio Ave S
    Seattle, WA 98134
    Travel time: about 26 mins
    Cost: $2.50 (vs. $2.34 driving)
    Darcy likes this.

Any suggestions on extra organizers that would go well with the bag and what i'm looking to do with it?
    I think the Cache with rails would be a good choice for the laptop, if you didn't already select it when you ordered the 25.

In addition, a few organizer pouches are always useful. I have several in each of the sizes, but find that I turn to the mini, small, and large most frequently. The mini would be a good size for SD cards, earbuds, pen refills, etc.; small is a good size for a little bottle of painkillers, lip balms, mints (basically all the stuff that ends up loose in a pocket somewhere); medium works well for small lengths of cable, for travel snacks, and such; the large is great for papers. The new pocket pouch would work great in one of the side pockets for your transit passes. You might also consider the padded pouches for the superdrive and mouse.

I think it's worth it to try a small number of the accessories to start to get a sense of their capacity and how you want to group the items you tend to carry, and then buy more as you need them. Good luck!

Excellent! Decision made. I just pre ordered my Synapse 25. Hopefully the timing will work out right and i'll get it somewhere around the time I get the laptop.

Thanks everyone you have been a great help!
    Hard to say on the organizers. With my Synapse 19 the only one I can recommend is the small pouches. They work great for all bags but I don't think a bigger pouch would be good with my Synapse. Your Synapse 25 could be a different story so hard to say. I love my travel tray but it tends to have a non-travel spot on my desk most times. I use it when I fly but I never used it for going to/from work. Depending on what you are packing the stuff sacks could be useful.

I mainly use my Synapse 19 for leisure so my usage is a bit different. But I didn't find much need for pouches beyond the wallet. I would put a jacked on the bottom for emergencies and padding. Cords and such went on the bottom zipper. Phone would go on a side pocket with snacks or something on the other side. The small middle pocket would have headphones and other tiny items. The longer middle pocket would have water or other snacks or maybe a camera. Then the main compartment might have a iPad or small laptop or DSLR or even a few Kindles (and the wallet on an o-ring).
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post

I mainly use my Synapse 19 for leisure so my usage is a bit different. But I didn't find much need for pouches beyond the wallet.
    I agree. The Synapse 19 has such great organisation in the outer pockets that I find I don't usually need much else for mine. That said, my pocket pouch is clipped to an O-ring in one of the side pockets for my gym card and I sometimes add a medium OP inside the main compartment, if I want to carry my wallet and phone in there instead of in an outer pocket. Then my laptop and iPad go in their respective caches and I'm set!

Thanks everyone!

I did select a cache with rails for my laptop when I pre-ordered the bag.

I just pre ordered my Synapse 25.
    Bam! You won't be disappointed.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

I didn't get a chance to respond to this thread earlier and was pretty much going to suggest the Synapse 25 as well. Excited for you, jwvanderbe. I don't have the 25 (yet!) but I love the 19 and I'm betting you will be very satisfied with your pick. Can't wait to hear what you think and maybe see a photo or 2!

Well it looks like my Synapse 25 shipped yesterday and I should have it on Monday!
    Darcy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0