Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: Batteries for the Guardian light

Batteries for the Guardian light

I have the Guardian Dual-Function Light, attached to the Citizen Canine. For time reference, it was the first batch of Citizen Canines (it was a birthday present for me). I use the Light on a daily basis on the steady mode, usually for a few minutes at a time, to assist me on nighttime walks & trips with Rosalind (I have almost no night vision at all). The battery which came installed in the Light lasted several months -- I think at least four -- but subsequent replacement batteries (the two CR2032s) do not last well at all. After a month, the Light gets dim about thirty seconds after I turn it on.

Which batteries do the rest of y'all use? And where do you obtain them? Has anyone else noticed a decrease in function with replacement batteries?

My original batteries are still working. I most probably got the Guardian Light first or second offering.

I bought a replacement batteries set, just in case but I am not looking forward to their poor performance.

Could anyone at Tom Bihn Inc, point us to the brand of batteries you are using on the Guardian Light or alternatively offer the same brand as replacements?

Were you using alkaline batteries? I may be preaching to the choir, but a lithium battery maintains a constant voltage right up to the end of life whereas alkaline batteries at medium to high discharge rates drop pretty rapidly. That's why they are not recommended in high-output devices. Shelf life and temperature tolerance can also be an issue with alkalines.

I'd recommend Lithium CR2032's from a reputable company - Energizer, Duracell, etc. If you're looking for a budget brand - I've had good luck with Tenergy and they make a lithium CR2032 also.

I've been using lithium batteries -- the latest brand I've tried is Sony. I'll try a better brand when I run out of these (I don't have the spare money right now). I wonder if some of the trouble is from the two separate batteries replacing the one big one, or two taped together as one (what's installed on shipment)?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Did you ever resolve this? I have two of the Guardian batteries (old and new version) and would like to know which replacement batteries work best.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0