Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Heads-up: Will be posting a bunch of TB items on eBay for charity

Heads-up: Will be posting a bunch of TB items on eBay for charity

Hi folks--this is a heads-up in advance.

Within the next week (hopefully this weekend), I will be posting a lot of Tom Bihn bags on eBay. I will be auctioning the items off through eBay's "Giving Works" program where the funds go directly to charity. My plan is to donate 100% of the sale of my TB bags to the ASPCA as part of my Team ASPCA fundraising for the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon coming up on May 11.

So far, I plan to auction off an Aeronaut, Western Flyer, MCB, LCB, Smart Alec, and various other organizers.

And yes, the coveted, unused, mint-condition still-with-tags Navy/Solar Western Flyer!

So know that every penny of your successful bid will be going to charity (through eBay's charity program, I don't even have to be the middle man; the funds just go directly to the charity I specify!).

Thanks in advance for any support you can provide!
    Last edited by Lani; 04-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I'm actually in the market for an Aeronaut, so if you have a price in mind shoot it to me at steve.agocs@gmail.com. You'd probably rather see how high it will go in auction, which I understand, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks, and thanks for doing this! Both of my dogs are rescues!

Ok folks, the auctions are up!

#1: I didn't realize how long it takes to get several listings posted on eBay. Taking photos, getting all the info, etc. Well, it's for a good cause...!

#2: It wasn't so bad initially but by the time I finished posting my steel/solar Dyneema Synapse, I was feeling SO emotional. Is it possible to become emotionally tied to your Tom Bihn bags? The answer apparently is YES!! I felt like a mom cat seeing all her kittens leave the nest. It was SO hard. But I know these will be going to good homes.

#3: I apologize in advance; I did not set up a Buy It Now option. I really wanted to give everyone a chance to donate as much as their hearts were willing. Most of them start at about half retail price. Which for bags is pretty incredible; it's a true testament to the quality and reputation of Tom Bihn that these sell so well even when pre-owned. The only one that has a higher than 50% starting price is the brand new, mint condition, still-with-tags Western Flyer in Navy/Solar, since it's never been used at all.

Please consider bidding. As I described in the auctions, every single penny for all of these auctions are going directly to the ASPCA; I am not keeping a dime. I know how much Tom Bihn fans love animals, so I hope you agree with me that helping dogs and cats find loving homes is a very good cause.

Here are the direct links:

I have more items but they're smaller (organizers and knitting bags and such) and I will likely post them tomorrow or next week.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Please consider bidding. As I described in the auctions, every single penny for all of these auctions are going directly to the ASPCA; I am not keeping a dime. I know how much Tom Bihn fans love animals, so I hope you agree with me that helping dogs and cats find loving homes is a very good cause.
    Thank you for what you are doing to help dogs and cats find loving homes. In addition to your auctions, could you post a link to your marathon fund raising / donations page (if you have one).

@Lani..So,that's why the EBay TB offerings have increased! I 2nd BrianI.

Peace!

Aha! So you're the one responsible for all those eBay auction notifications on my iPhone! And I think it's wonderful that all the proceeds are going to a wonderful cause, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post

#2: It wasn't so bad initially but by the time I finished posting my steel/solar Dyneema Synapse, I was feeling SO emotional. Is it possible to become emotionally tied to your Tom Bihn bags? The answer apparently is YES!! I felt like a mom cat seeing all her kittens leave the nest. It was SO hard. But I know these will be going to good homes.
    I missed this the first time I (quickly) read your post. I'm having the same feeling as I contemplate selling my Navy LCB and Black/Cardinal/Steel Smart Alec in preparation for the purchase of bags that will better suit my needs, namely a Navy Ristretto for 13" MacBook and a Synapse 25 in Black/Iberian. I often find comfort in knowing that somewhere out there, a true Tom Bihn fan will be taking car of *my* bags :-)

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Sad this is in US not UK as I'd be bidding on a couple of things! Good luck and well done for supporting such a good cause.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
    Thank you for what you are doing to help dogs and cats find loving homes. In addition to your auctions, could you post a link to your marathon fund raising / donations page (if you have one).
    Yeah it's kind of camouflaged in my signature, but here it is. Thank you for asking!

http://www.teamaspca.org/participant/lani

Volunteer Moderator
    @lani These are great listings and pictures. I thought that it's possible to use the new lower module pocket with your Smart Alec, though. It's just the upper modular pocket that requires the additional loops in the new design for attaching to the pouch.

moriond
    Lani likes this.

Interesting. I had no idea you could auction for charity. I might do that myself. I loathe selling stuff for some reason but for ASPCA I could probably get over it.
    Lani likes this.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    Interesting. I had no idea you could auction for charity. I might do that myself. I loathe selling stuff for some reason but for ASPCA I could probably get over it.
    Pretzelb -- the program is called eBay Giving Works. Just google it to get to the page directly. You can do a search for all registered charities that eBay accepts. You can also choose to donate as little as 10%, although I chose 100% for mine.

Also, if you wind up posting things on eBay in the next few weeks to donate to the ASPCA, I would love it if we could talk offline... if you aren't doing a specific fundraiser, it would be amazing if we could earmark to my fundraiser what auctions you successfully sell. It would not change the donation amount and it would still go directly to the ASPCA, but I would receive credit for it in my fundraising efforts at the same time. My half-marathon is on May 11 but I can continue to take donations (or credit) throughout the summer.

I sent my team leader a link to my auctions, and she got so excited that she wanted to share the link with other people!

I really have to thank everyone at Tom Bihn for such wonderful products. They maintain their value so well; I'm just delighted that I have people bidding on them now! Yay!!!

Oh my goodness you guys -- I now have bids on every item! I'm so excited, and I still have three days left on my auctions! If anyone on the forums got the bidding going, I thank you so much!!

Oh and also, today is the ASPCA's 147th birthday. :-)

I'm watching your auctions and cheering for you.
    Lani likes this.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0