Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Heads-up: Will be posting a bunch of TB items on eBay for charity

Just a quick reminder that the auctions are all ending later this evening, in case you were thinking of bidding!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

The auctions ended in the wee hours of the weekend, and in total, I was able to raise $927.52!!!!

I was pretty happy to see that all the items got bids, but I received additional bids as we neared the weekend, with a few last-minute bidders who bid in the last moments of the auctions.

The Aeronaut got an amazing 13 bids, and the Synapse got 14 bids!

I am over-the-moon happy. If you participated in bidding (even if you weren't the highest bidder), thank you.

I have formally transferred all $927.52 to the ASPCA, and got a confirmation from my team leader that they received it. I am now just a few hundred dollars shy of goal, but with almost a month to go I know I won't have any problem reaching it.

Again, thank you so very much.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

OK so it's been a few weeks, but it's been a CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY month... we moved apartments and squeezed in a half marathon and helping put on a scavenger hunt/amazing race-type event down in Disneyland (http://www.mouseadventure.com), PLUS we had a major software release go out the door at work... all in the span of a month. We're all moved into the new place but we still have boxes up the wazoo and we still need to buy living room furniture!

In the meantime, i wanted to thank everyone for bidding on the auctions or helping donate to Team ASPCA. I'm attaching a photo from the race, where I shaved 11 minutes off my previous record to hit a new PR of 1:57:26. Woot!

Name:  RT0539_08792_300.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  68.4 KB
    Last edited by Lani; 05-29-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixed picture -- was too beeg!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0