Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By maverick
  • 1 Post By Rory
  • 1 Post By earth5
  • 4 Post By johncutler
  • 4 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Pangifone
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: rails for other bags? brain cell with rails?

Volunteer Moderator

rails for other bags? brain cell with rails?

dear, sweet darcy,

what do you think about rails for other bags - the brain bag, the smart alec, and the synapse 19?

also, a brain cell with rails?

the rails would be on a different path than the annex clip attachment webbing, so that you could still fasten the brain cell to the annex clips. in the diagram below, A = webbing loop for annex clips, R = path for rails. the black rectangle at the bottom of the path for the rails = gatekeeper clips for the rails.

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    tpnl and Pita11 like this.
    -m

Yes! Interchangeability of systems would help build repeat business. We forumers know there is no such thing as "one size fits all", but not having to buy accessories over again for a new bag would reduce resistance.

The reason I haven't bought a backpack till today was the lack of availability of a vertical brain cell or suspendible cache to fit my non-Apple laptop. Today you solved that problem.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

How about an adaptor clip/strap so that the new cache with rails can be attached at the annex clip attachment points in the SA/BB?
    earth5 likes this.

If you were to put a small piece of velcro through the webbing on the SA (to make a vertical instead of horizontal loop), would the spacing be about right to attach a cache with rails?
    Rory likes this.

I recently purchased a Tri-Star and just noticed that it has some loops in the center compartment that look like they are intended for a cache with rails. Not sure if they are the right width or not, but am not sure what else they could be for. Anyone else notice this? They are on the opposite side of where the annex clips are.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  126.3 KB

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  137.3 KB

My new Ego also has the same loops, which I assumed would be for the Cache with rails, although I don't have a measuring tape to check the spacing (nor a Cache). It was a nice little find, since I was thinking the Cache with rails would be useful for my iPad in the future.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johncutler View Post
    I recently purchased a Tri-Star and just noticed that it has some loops in the center compartment that look like they are intended for a cache with rails. Not sure if they are the right width or not, but am not sure what else they could be for. Anyone else notice this? They are on the opposite side of where the annex clips are.
    You (and terayon) discovered something we haven't officially announced yet: many of our bags (Tri-Star, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Ego, and others) now have rail loops designed to accommodate the Cache with Rails. We'll make the official announcement soon. Also of note: we'll soon announce that all Caches will be/are now made with the "rails" of 1" wide, lightweight nylon webbing that make them compatible with the rail loops. We think the lightweight webbing will be unobtrusive to those who don't perhaps plan to utilize the checkpoint friendly rails system and, for the people who do want to or might want to utilize the rails system, the addition of the webbing on all Caches allows for that.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You (and terayon) discovered something we haven't officially announced yet: many of our bags (Tri-Star, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Ego, and others) now have rail loops designed to accommodate the Cache with Rails. We'll make the official announcement soon. Also of note: we'll soon announce that all Caches will be/are now made with the "rails" of 1" wide, lightweight nylon webbing that make them compatible with the rail loops. We think the lightweight webbing will be unobtrusive to those who don't perhaps plan to utilize the checkpoint friendly rails system and, for the people who do want to or might want to utilize the rails system, the addition of the webbing on all Caches allows for that.
    You just made my day! After I read this, I peeked in my yet-to-be-used TriStar and spotted rail loops that I hadn't even noticed before! Thanks!
    Darcy likes this.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Hey Darcy, if I were to place an order for a couple caches (4z and 6z horizontal, to be specific) would I get the new railified versions, or should I wait until it's officially announced? I'd like them before my next flight, which is the week of Thanksgiving, so I guess I have plenty of time... just not an over abundance of patience, it seems.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Hey Darcy, if I were to place an order for a couple caches (4z and 6z horizontal, to be specific) would I get the new railified versions, or should I wait until it's officially announced? I'd like them before my next flight, which is the week of Thanksgiving, so I guess I have plenty of time... just not an over abundance of patience, it seems.
    Yeah, you'd get the new versions for sure. All Caches (with the exception of the Cache for iPad mini, which will never have the webbing rails) shipped from last week here on out are the new "railified" (nice) versions.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

SWEET! Order placed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    What are the other bags that will have the rail loops? I'm looking in to an empire builder, zephyr, or Id and it's unclear if any of those have the rail loops. I just got the pilot which does have the rail loops but am looking for something a little bit bigger for those times when I need to carry a heavier load. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
    What are the other bags that will have the rail loops? I'm looking in to an empire builder, zephyr, or Id and it's unclear if any of those have the rail loops. I just got the pilot which does have the rail loops but am looking for something a little bit bigger for those times when I need to carry a heavier load. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe you may have already emailed us with this question, but in any case, the answer is that all of those bags you listed will come with rail loops. As soon as we can, we're hoping to update the product pages to reflect this.
    emailus@tombihn.com or call U.S./Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries +1-206-652-4123

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0