Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beau

Thread: Request to purchase 5/8 shoulder strap and camera I/O dividers to accessories purchas

Request to purchase 5/8 shoulder strap and camera I/O dividers to accessories purchas

I should be sending this email to the good folks at TB, but I thought I'd post it here as I am in no hurry (waiting for the new Side Effect) and perhaps other folks are interested.

At this time the 5/8 shoulder strap can only be purchased with one of the 3D cubes and the dividers can only be purchased with the Camera I/O.

I would like to purchase one of the 5/8 should strap to use with a dyneema 3D cube purchased earlier. I would also like to purchase a couple of the Camera I/O small dividers.

So I would like to request that these items be made available to purchase on their own via the Accessories page.

I have a growing wish list waiting for the Side Effect. Perhaps, a shoulder strap and a couple Camera I/O small dividers will join them soon in the waiting???

Thank you!
    Last edited by Walker; 03-23-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Title needs editing

I apologize for the thread title. It was supposed to read: Request to purchase 5/8 shoulder strap and camera I/O dividers via accessories purchase page.

I don't know how to fix it!

You may be able to find some straps with 5/8" webbing on camera cases and the like if you wanted to cannibalize components and make your own.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I should be sending this email to the good folks at TB, but I thought I'd post it here as I am in no hurry (waiting for the new Side Effect) and perhaps other folks are interested.

At this time the 5/8 shoulder strap can only be purchased with one of the 3D cubes and the dividers can only be purchased with the Camera I/O.

I would like to purchase one of the 5/8 should strap to use with a dyneema 3D cube purchased earlier. I would also like to purchase a couple of the Camera I/O small dividers.

So I would like to request that these items be made available to purchase on their own via the Accessories page.

I have a growing wish list waiting for the Side Effect. Perhaps, a shoulder strap and a couple Camera I/O small dividers will join them soon in the waiting???

Thank you!
    @Walker You can probably order these items by calling the Tom Bihn 800 number. I actually prefer using the lighter strap that they supplied with the discontinued Breve to the Simple strap that you can order with the packing Cube Shoulder Bag. there's a picture in one of my posts in the Diaper Cube for Imago? thread. Darcy responded by saying, yes, you could buy any of these other straps separately.

moriond

@moriond, in January, I called in an order to TB and asked to also buy the Breve strap. I was told it was no longer available. I had also asked about buying the dividers when the Camera I/O debuted. I was told that they were considering making the dividers available for purchase "soon".

@ Jujigatame, I repurpose a lot of things. But some items are just easier to buy. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I am waiting for the new Side Effect to place an order. I have a growing wish list.
    Last edited by Walker; 03-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    @moriond, in January, I called in an order to TB and asked to also buy the Breve strap. I was told it was no longer available. I had also asked about buying the dividers when the Camera I/O debuted. I was told that they were considering making the dividers available for purchase "soon".
    @Walker sadness! Well, calling in should let you purchase the 5/8" shoulder strap that gets included with current Side Effect purchases. I see what you mean about not being able to order it by itself from the web site, even though there are options to add it on for $3.

The Camera I/O dividers really seem designed specifically for the way the Camera I/O inside and Velcro are arranged. Was your idea that you wanted to use something like this in a Smart Alec or similar sized bag? (The Camera I/O is just a little too wide to fit in there the way it can fit into a Brain Bag).

I'm also waiting for the new Side Effects in Nordic 400D Dyneema. By the way, I keep thinking that my top modular pocket for the Smart Alec (in Aubergine Dyneema) would make a great separate bag to carry with the old Breve shoulder strap. I know it's not designed for this, with the Gatekeeper clip attachments to hook onto the Snart Alec -- but just sayin', you know!

moriond

@moriond, I lost one if the small Camera I/O dividers, soon after receiving the bag. - bag comes with 2 of them. They are also great for creating vertical compartments in I/O bag - for stacking items separately. They are the perfect size. I also like the gray color - makes it easier to see the mostly black accessories.

I agree about the SA upper pocket - even if I have not seen it. In fact, I keep imagining that it will be a better organizer inside my Swift - I currently use the PCSB for that purpose. I use the Swift as a purse, not as a knitting bag. What do you think? I thought of buying one to try, but I did not want to deal with removing the gatekeeper clips.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Heads-up everybody: we just added the 5/8" Shoulder Strap to the Parts page, for a cost of $3.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0