Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gochicken
  • 2 Post By Lara
  • 2 Post By Walker

Thread: Co-Pilot questions

Co-Pilot questions

Is the Co-Pilot now made out of a thicker dyneema than the one I bought a few years ago?
    Also, does anyone know if a larger Co-Pilot is planned for the near future? I did not see it mentioned in the recent newsletter.

Thanks!

Yes, the Nordic and new Steel Co-Pilots are made of the thicker 400d Dyneema or the Ballistic nylon, and both are lined with the 200d Dyneema.

From the website:
    Exterior of U.S. high tenacity 1050 denier ballistic nylon — or — ultralight 400d Dyneema®/420d nylon ripstop
    Lined with 200 denier Japanese Dyneema®/nylon ultralight ripstop fabric

I think there has been talk about a larger Co-Pilot, but I don't remember anything definite being said. I would sure be interested in one!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    It sounds like there will be a larger version of the Co-Pilot (The "Pilot"?) available eventually....

to quote Darcy, from a Sept. 22nd 2012 post, "Tom's designing a Pilot bag, which will roughly be the dimensions you listed. Stay tuned!"

I haven't seen an update on exact dimensions or rough time-frame of when it might be available, though. Maybe someone else knows more?
    Aeronaut; Synapse 19; PCBP & other packing cubes; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 4 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 3 Travel Trays; 2 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Light; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 3 x small Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; 6 x Clear Organizer Pouches; Padded Organizer Pouch; Pocket Pouch; #4 Knitting Pouch; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    It sounds like there will be a larger version of the Co-Pilot (The "Pilot"?) available eventually....

to quote Darcy, from a Sept. 22nd 2012 post, "Tom's designing a Pilot bag, which will roughly be the dimensions you listed. Stay tuned!"

I haven't seen an update on exact dimensions or time-frame of when . . .
    No timeframe info released. Many of us are waiting. I am hopeful. Darcy announced that the updated Side Effect, Synapse and Checkpoint Flyer are "coming soon." Perhaps, the next announcement will be the larger Co-Pilot, which has been dubbed as the "Pilot" somewhere in related threads on this forum.
    gochicken and Lara like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0