Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Aeronaut Color - Help me please

I am about to pull the trigger on an Aeronaut, my problem is deciding on a color. I currently have a Tri-Star and Synapse in black/steel and Co-Pilot in steel Dyneema/steel.

I was originally going to order it in steel Dyneema, but the black/steel looks really nice too. I prefer black on bags, but I really like the color of my Co-Pilot. I will be using this bag mostly for camping like a duffle. However, for extended travel for work or play, I could use it for that as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Steel Dyneema/wasabi looks brilliant! It's lighter than ballistic, feels great and is all round excellence! Most of all it's a change from the sea of black bags you see everywhere else - I've not seen it in person, but Nordic Dyneema looks great too, even if steel lining is a bit dull!

My thoughts are that Steel Ballistic would be the best for you.

It is very understated, yet gorgeous, it reflects the color of what one is wearing, change with the light or even the sky cover or lack thereof.

What I mean by change, is a very subtle gradation of different hue of Steel, your bag is not an octopus!

I own many TB Bags and have owned many brands but nothing compare to the subtle beauty of Tom Bihn Ballistic Steel.

You will find yourself staring at the bag. I have a Kit in Steel Ballistic, you have the much bigger Co-Pilot so you know what I am talking about!

My Ballistic Aeronaut is Grape (the ancestral color of Aubergine), it is as beautiful as it is strong and a perfect use as a duffel workhorse, minutia packing with Packing Cubes, for minimal wrinkle and great looks, on a business trip or an how much stuff can I cram in it during family car trips.

I also have a Steel Dyneema Aeronaut and it is beautiful, dark Steel and very nice white lines which are very subtle and give the bag its strength. It is lighter than the Ballistic.

After thinking about all your uses, my vote for the bag that would be best suited for you is still the Steel Ballistic Aeronaut because the strength of the Ballistic is perfect for rough and tumble camping, the occasional gate check, the overstuffing on car trips.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    My thoughts are that Steel Ballistic would be the best for you.

It is very understated, yet gorgeous, it reflects the color of what one is wearing, change with the light or even the sky cover or lack thereof.

What I mean by change, is a very subtle gradation of different hue of Steel, your bag is not an octopus!

I own many TB Bags and have owned many brands but nothing compare to the subtle beauty of Tom Bihn Ballistic Steel.

You will find yourself staring at the bag. I have a Kit in Steel Ballistic, you have the much bigger Co-Pilot so you know what I am talking about!

My Ballistic Aeronaut is Grape (the ancestral color of Aubergine), it is as beautiful as it is strong and a perfect use as a duffel workhorse, minutia packing with Packing Cubes, for minimal wrinkle and great looks, on a business trip or an how much stuff can I cram in it during family car trips.

I also have a Steel Dyneema Aeronaut and it is beautiful, dark Steel and very nice white lines which are very subtle and give the bag its strength. It is lighter than the Ballistic.

After thinking about all your uses, my vote for the bag that would be best suited for you is still the Steel Ballistic Aeronaut because the strength of the Ballistic is perfect for rough and tumble camping, the occasional gate check, the overstuffing on car trips.
    Now you have me thinking about the steel ballistic! I was trying to decide between the black ballistic/steel vs steel dyneema. My Co-Pilot is steel dyneema. It is very nice.

Thanks, I went to the TB store and got the black/steel. Great bag!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0