Mold on and inside my LCB & Brain Bag :(

Hello,

I have been traveling with a Large Cafe Bag and Brain Bag since September. Love them.
    I have been staying in Antigua, Guatemala for the past 4 weeks studying Spanish.

At my arrival, these 2 bags were put in the same drawer from a dresser along with a big packing cube, a small backpack
    and various toiletries kit-sleeves from different brands.

Both the LCB and Brain Bag are now ''covered'' in mold. I mean there is a lot of it, not only a small spot
    But no mold on the other small backpack, packing cube or any other material items!

How can i clean the bags and remove the mold? Will it be a recurrent problem? Is it sanitary to keep using them?
    I don't intend to go back home for a long while and i am disappointed this is happening...

No issue with my shop bag or side effect.

Any help would be much appreciated. In avoidance of doubt, it rained only once a bit on these bags.
    It was early December and a poncho were covering them. Not perfectly covered but no water infiltration
    and slightly wet.

Thanks

A

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Wow, that's pretty weird -- I would definitely recommend trying MiraZyme -- it's a blend of natural enzymes and microbes and one of its specific applications is for gear with mold/mildew issues. Get a few packets so that you can apply it repeatedly if necessary. As for whether it will keep happening -- I honestly don't know as I can't remember hearing about this ever happening before. Maybe some folks in similar climates will chime in as to how they store their bags. I would guess storing them in such a way that they are out in the open air would be better. Good luck and let us know how it works!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0