Checkpoint Flyer sizes?

What are the Checkpoint Flyer sizes? The product page says:

SPECIFICATIONS:
    For the interior and exterior dimensions of each size of Checkpoint Flyer Case, click here.

which takes me to a page that says the following:

Not Found

The requested URL /mm5/pop/TB171X.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at Travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. The best materials and innovative construction since 1972 - TomBihn.com Port 80

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Sorry about the broken link!

We'll soon announce a new version of the Checkpoint Flyer. The front of the bag will look mostly the same, but it will have two main compartments instead of one and slightly more capacity. The "checkpoint friendly" function of the new Checkpoint Flyer will be more like that of the Cadet and more sizes of laptop insert will be available. Tom wanted to update the design of the Checkpoint Flyer and he made sure to include the customer feedback we've received about the bag (don't change how the front of the bag looks, make more laptop insert sizes available, add a little more capacity, etc.)

The only size of current design Checkpoint Flyer case available is the 17" case which has interior dimensions of 15.4 × 10.4 × 1.7 inches (391 × 264 × 42 mm).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll soon announce a new version of the Checkpoint Flyer.
    And now you tempt me, after all my deliberations and phone calls to Customer Service :-). I'm very happy with the Cadet / Western Flyer combination I put together in December and January, but that doesn't make me any less curious to see what the updated design of the Checkpoint Flyer will look like. The Cadet's checkpoint friendly mechanism works really well, not only at airport security, but more importantly, in allowing easy access to my laptop on a day to day basis.

On a tangent, Darcy, is there any chance of an annex clip compatible version of the Cache? I'd love to be able to use one inside my Western Flyer or Tri-Star. I find the Brain Cell too bulky, but after using the Cadet I don't like the idea of my laptop going naked.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    The Cadet's checkpoint friendly mechanism works really well, not only at airport security, but more importantly, in allowing easy access to my laptop on a day to day basis.
    Yeah, I agree totally on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    On a tangent, Darcy, is there any chance of an annex clip compatible version of the Cache?
    It's unlikely at this point..
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Oooo... I was looking for threads on the Checkpoint Flyer and am so glad I came across this one!

The part about adding more space to the main compartment is very intriguing.

I have a business trip in June that requires taking my laptop. Thinking out loud... hmm... wonder if it might be ready by then? Maybe I could be a beta tester!!! ;-)

It would be GREAT if the new Checkpoint Flyer can hold enough in the main compartment to be an ultralight version of say a Western Flyer. Not as big, but enough that I can carry a few days' worth of clothes. That, with an everyday-carry, would work great! ...especially in Dyneema. lol
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Hey Darcy, what's the best estimate on the availability of the new Checkpoint Flyer?
    It's worth considering that your entire purpose in life could be to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg29 View Post
    Hey Darcy, what's the best estimate on the availability of the new Checkpoint Flyer?
    We're perfecting a few details of the new design -- no estimate yet, but I should have one soon.

Ok, thanks. Last I had heard it was end of April. Sounds like that might slip some.
    It's worth considering that your entire purpose in life could be to serve as a warning to others.

Hello,

Is there an eta on the "new" Checkpoint Flyer?

Thanks in advance!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0