Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lotuseater

Thread: Freudian Slip meets Cadet?

Freudian Slip meets Cadet?

I recently purchased a Cadet, along with a Cache for my 15" rMBP. I'm really very pleased with the setup, and I like the minimal size of the bag.

My question is, as the title states, whether anyone has used a Freudian Slip inside a Cadet along with a cache? While I know from another forum thread that the Freudian Slip won't fit into the slash pocket on the front of the inside of the bag, it should fit outside of that pocket alongside the Cache.

I'm quite aware that there is limited volume there, but the rMBP is quite thin even in the Cache. I think the slip would fit, but I'd like to confirm. I don't need to store a lot in it, mostly some loose papers, the occasional piece of mail, etc, and a slip looks like a good option.

Has anyone tried this? Perhaps a quick picture?

On the Cadet product page it says the Freudian Slip fits in the 13/15 cadet. I imagine it would but I haven't tried.

I have a 15/13 Cadet with the standard 15" MBP Cache, which I use for my company-issued Lenovo T410, that's slightly narrower but taller than a 15" MBP, and likely deeper than the 15" rMBP. When I ordered the Cadet/Cache, I spoke with Beau at Customer Service. He told me not to expect to be able to use the Horizontal Freudian Slip with both the laptop and the Cache. I bought one years ago but hadn't bothered to try fitting it into my fully loaded Cadet. I tried it tonight, and I attempted to upload photos but for some reason the forum software wouldn't let me.

Yes, it fits empty, and will slide in and out of the Cadet without problems. However, if you load the Freudian Slip with too many items, or if you also want to carry other items (eg Kindle, Moleskine notebook or similar) in the main compartment, it's going to get tight fast. My concern is how it would impede the quick checkpoint friendly action at airport security - pulling the laptop in Cache out would be fast enough, but how easy would it be to shove them back in?

I find that the Horizontal Freudian Slip is surplus to my needs in the Cadet. Paperwork fits in a letter size file folder inside the main compartment or in the back pocket. Everything I'd put on the front side of the Freudian Slip fits nicely - and well organized - inside the Cadet's front compartment.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the attempt at uploading a photo as well.

I think I'll take your advice and try a plastic file folder on the inside of the Cadet for loose papers. That will serve most of the functions that I'd use a slip for anyway.

I don't mind putting a ticket or magazine in the outer pocket of the Cadet, but I'm wary of putting anything more. I guess I'm paranoid about something slipping out.

Cheers.

Finally had success uploading the photos. Tried and failed from Firefox on my PC last night. This morning the photos uploaded via Safari on my Mac without a glitch. Gotta love DropBox.

Name:  Cadet_Cache_FreudianSlip1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  Cadet_Cache_FreudianSlip2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:  Cadet_Cache_FreudianSlip3.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  147.8 KB
    Last edited by lotuseater; 02-15-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Darcy likes this.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009