Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Synapse - bottom pocket

Synapse - bottom pocket

I'm considering getting a Synapse for a light carryon and for those days when the SCB is just not big enough.

I've always had the impression that the bottom pocket on the synapse went "all the way through" - ie was full depth like the compartment at the bottom of the aeronaut PCBP (which I use a lot). However on closer examination of the description and many many photos, I think perhaps the contents of that pocket are below the water bottle and in FRONT of what ever is placed in the main compartment ....

Can anyone clarify for me?

(of course you can ... it's just a matter of how fast ... love this forum)
    List under construction ....

You are correct

13 minutes ... pretty good :-)

SO...

Name:  synapse.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  37.6 KB

Bummer .... I kinda liked my design ... never mind, more room in the main bit.

It is still somehow big enough to hold my Eddie Bauer Nisqually raincoat (TARDIS again).

I'm often surprised by what I can get into that pocket. I often use it to stow a light jacket or fleece pullover. I sometimes use it to carry an extra water bottle. I like the fact that if you stuff it what ever is in there will not dig into your back. I find it to be a very useful pocket.

As for the synapse itself I highly recommend it. It is my EDC bag.

I use it to balance the bag. When packed just right it keeps the bag from falling over. The pocket will hold a remarkable amount of stuff. Your drawing is spot on too.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 02-13-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I carry all of my cables in a mesh TB organizer in that pocket.

I carry my portable magnetic speakers, Epi-pen, Swiss army pocket knife, large Fenix flashlight (not really that big), spork, extra batteries, and Apollo lantern! Lots of stuff!!

Thanks for the info - I'm poised to order a synapse as soon as the next pay hits my account.. the synapse page says that a side-effect will fit in the front pocket ... so now I want one of those newfangled beltless ones ... AND one of those Nisqually raincoats ...

More bottom pocket 'load out' descriptions (and pictures! (I've been reading the EDC forums ... )) would be good too...

Somewhere there is a video of Maverick loading a Synapse. I think he put a Lunchbot box in that lower pocket? Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    the synapse page says that a side-effect will fit in the front pocket ...
    Indeed it does!

Name:  side_syn.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  112.4 KB

Oh, did you mean this front pocket?...

Name:  side_syn-2.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  94.8 KB

Because it fits in there, too.
    Last edited by zutphen; 02-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    ~Rob

jea
    I am thinking about buying a snake charmer for my cables. Anyone know if this would fit into the same lower front pocket in the Synapse?

I think the Snake Charmer --especially fully loaded--will not fit into the bottom pocket. Snake Charmer is voluminous. I have myself found it far more flexible to have a couple of different pouches rather than one big one.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jea View Post
    I am thinking about buying a snake charmer for my cables. Anyone know if this would fit into the same lower front pocket in the Synapse?
    Just went back to the stock room to test it out for myself. Results: it's a negative on the fit. The Snake Charmer is just too wide.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jea View Post
    I'd recommend the 3D Mesh Organizer Cube instead -- it fits great in the lower front pocket.

Name:  synapse3dmesh.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  85.3 KB
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0