Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Frank II
  • 2 Post By Miking

Thread: Aeronaut Snaps?

Question Aeronaut Snaps?

Trying to make the final decision on a replacement carry on bag and the Aeronaut is the front runner. One thing that has peaked my curiosity is the set of 4 snap tabs in the main compartment. What are they for?

They are part of the partitions between the main compartment and the end compartments. If you unsnap them, they allow you to push the partition in either direction to make the main compartment larger or the end compartments larger. They don't open completely, just make the partitions more flexible.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Can someone provide approximate sizes of the main compartment with the snaps opened and snapped? Thank you.

I found an answer on Practical Hacks blog:

Kevin Reply:
    May 23rd, 2009 at 1:27 PM

@Manu:

Thanks for visiting and commenting. These dimensions are approximate, as it’s difficult to measure soft sided bags. Looking at the bag from the front, when not extended: middle compartment is ~17″ wide (side to side) by ~15″ long (front to back). The compartment is about 9″ deep.

When extended, the width (on the bottom of the middle compartment) is between 20″ and 21″. The top dimensions of the compartment (~17″ x 15″) of course do not change.

I hope this helps!

It's aproximately the same as the outer dimensions 22x14x9 maybe give or take an inch or so.. The feature is extremely handy for when your packing style takes a turn toward grab and shove or when you want to settle in for a while, Ussually once I get situated I will empty the packing cubes into the main compartment and just leave the bag open the entire time, small stuff like watches and chargers goes into the lid pocket (which is supposed to face you, untrain yourself from all your poorly designed bags) and everything else goes into the main compartment minus the things that you won't need right away that goes into a packing cube to be stowed elsewhere.