Small vs Medium Cafe Bags

I'm thinking of downsizing from my Large Cafe Bag to either Medium or Small (or possibly to a Ristretto.)

According to this website, the measurements of the two cafe bags are as follows:

Medium: 11' x 10' x 3'

Small 11' x 7.5' x 3'

The only difference, it seems, is in the width of the bag. Is that correct?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

No, that is not correct. There is both a height and width difference between the two I own, which the website used to correctly state. Unless the design recently changed.

Just for info, the large bag has a detachable strap which can be swapped out for another, and the medium bag has the strap permanently attached.
    Last edited by Runway1R; 02-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Also the medium has two large pockets and two pen pockets, but the small only has one large pocket and two pen pickets.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Sorry, but unless they changed it recently, the large cafe bag's strap cannot be switched. My LCB from last year cannot have the strap switched.

They must have changed it, because my LCB can most certainly have the strap swapped out. Mine has an Absolute strap on it atm

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsize View Post
    Sorry, but unless they changed it recently, the large cafe bag's strap cannot be switched. My LCB from last year cannot have the strap switched.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Apologies for the confusion! Here are the official Cafe Bag dimensions:

Large Cafe Bag:
    13.3" x 12.9" x 3.3"
    34 x 33 x 8.5 cm
    340 x 330 x 85 mm

Medium Cafe Bag:
    12.2" x 10.6" x 2.9"
    31 x 27 x 7.5 cm
    310 x 270 x 75 mm

Small Cafe Bag:
    10.6" x 8.2" x 2.9"
    27 x 21 x 7.5 cm
    270 x 210 x 75 mm

And re: the strap on the Large Cafe Bag: it can be switched.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0