Super Ego strap question

After months of deliberation, I finally have a Super Ego in my cart. Before I check out, I have a question. I just want to be sure that my current Ultimate Shoulder Strap will work with the Super Ego. Meaning, if I buy a Super Ego with the basic strap, will I be able to remove it an use my Ultimate Strap instead?

I can't tell from the pictures if this is the case.

Thanks!
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Hi Amanda!
    I think the answer is: it depends on your current Absolute Strap.

Some TB bags have the straps threaded through them: ie: the Large Cafe Bag, the Imago, I think the Super Ego as well, and others. You could swap out straps between these bags. So if your Large Cafe Bag had an Absolute Strap but your Imago had a standard strap you could unthread one and swap it for the other.

Other TB bags have the d-ring strap attachments: Tri Star, Aeronaut, Co Pilot, Ristretto, and others. You can easily swap out straps between these bags. just undo the clips and re-clip the strap you want on.

I believe- but someone else on the Forum correct me if I'm wrong- a few, very few bags like the Medium and Small Cafe Bags, have straps that are sewn on. So, if your Medium Cafe Bag has an Absolute Strap, you won't be able to swap it out on another bag.

HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Hi Amanda!
    I think the answer is: it depends on your current Absolute Strap.

Some TB bags have the straps threaded through them: ie: the Large Cafe Bag, the Imago, I think the Super Ego as well, and others. You could swap out straps between these bags. So if your Large Cafe Bag had an Absolute Strap but your Imago had a standard strap you could unthread one and swap it for the other.

Other TB bags have the d-ring strap attachments: Tri Star, Aeronaut, Co Pilot, Ristretto, and others. You can easily swap out straps between these bags. just undo the clips and re-clip the strap you want on.

I believe- but someone else on the Forum correct me if I'm wrong- a few, very few bags like the Medium and Small Cafe Bags, have straps that are sewn on. So, if your Medium Cafe Bag has an Absolute Strap, you won't be able to swap it out on another bag.

HTH!
    Thank you for your response! This is exactly what I needed to know. I have an Ultimate Strap that I purchased with my I-O bag, which has the d-ring strap attachments. Based on what you've written, it sounds like that won't work with the Super Ego, so I'll need to upgrade my strap when I purchase the Super Ego.

Not a big deal, I was just looking to save the extra money if I could.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Allegedly the strap easily comes off of the D-Ring and can be used on the SE.
    I know I have tried this though and have nothing but trouble with mine?
    Somehow the SE attachment for the bare strap is wider than the straps I have and the strap invariably will just slide off of the SE when I need it to the least!

I have tried all kinds of fixes like double buckles and weaving the strap back and forth and all that happens is the strap gets shorter.

I can not understand how to make this work and it makes me sad.

Ed

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0