Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jediliz
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Small Cafe Bag & Western Flyer Question

Small Cafe Bag & Western Flyer Question

1) Can a small cafe bag hold a small tablet like an iPad MINI or a Samsung 7 inch tablet?

2) what size packing cubes can a western flyer hold?

p.s. I am new here and I am interested in both of these, though right now I would probably only get the western flyer.

My SCB can hold a Kindle Fire easily.

Question 1 is yes!

Packing Cubes that fit the Western Flyer :

Simple (Mesh and/or Fabric)Packing Cubes specifically designed to fit in the Western Flyer:
    Packing Cubes - Travel Packing Cubes organize your travel bag and keep clothes neat - TOM BIHN

Clear Packing Cubes and Mesh Cube which fit in all Tom Bihn Travel Bags

Clear Quarter Packing Cube - Organizational pouch for toiletries, electronics, more - TOM BIHN

3D Clear Organizer Cube - 3-1-1 toiletries bag. Clear front and back. Made in USA. - TOM BIHN

3D Mesh Organizer Cube - Mesh Organizer Pouch - TOM BIHN

Pacing Cubes that transform into backpack or shoulder bag (very handy while travelling)

Packing Cube Backpack (Tri-Star/Western Flyer) - Use as an ultralight backpack or a travel packing cube - TOM BIHN

Packing Cube Shoulder Bag - Travel Packing Cube Converts to a Shoulder / Messenger Bag - TOM BIHN

Travel Stuff Sacks that fit in all Tom Bihn Travel Bags

Travel Stuff Sack - Stuff sacks to organize your travel gear. Made in USA. - TOM BIHN

I don't have a Western Flyer, but those who do, have posted numerous great reviews on the product page and shared their pictures on Flicker Western Flyer - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by backpack; 01-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks! This is very helpful!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I just used the packing cubes for the first time on my current trip and I'm absolutely sold! In the Tri-Star I used one large packing cube and a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (which doubled as my EDC). The Medium Packing Cube went in the Aeronaut because my wife's MCB was in the front pocket of the Tri-Star. In the Aeronaut I used two End Pocket Cubes, a large cube and a packing cube back pack (which has again served use while we're here). The back pack travel cube had the medium Tri-Star packing cube in it as it had some of my wife's stuff in it that had to make way for her MCB. As I said, all went great

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jediliz View Post
    1) Can a small cafe bag hold a small tablet like an iPad MINI or a Samsung 7 inch tablet?

2) what size packing cubes can a western flyer hold?

p.s. I am new here and I am interested in both of these, though right now I would probably only get the western flyer.
    To expand on backpack's already comprehensive answer, on question 1) the Small Cafe Bag can actually hold the regular size iPad, though if you're carrying it in a cache, you'd probably wish the bag were slightly longer because the top sits very close to the top of the bag. So the SCB can definitely hold the iPad Mini, and you can even out the Mini in with the long dimension running along the width of the bag.

On question 2) the Western Flyer packing cubes for the divided front pockets are slightly larger than the Small Cafe bag, so you could pack things into a Small Cafe Bag and stash it into one of the front pockets of the Western Flyer, as you may have read elsewhere in the forums. In place of the large packing cube for the large back pocket, consider also using the Packing Cube BackPack for the Western Flyer/Tri-Star. Either of these can hold an 18" Pack-It folder for shirts/pants if you use such a beast. (Consider the light-weight Eagle Creek Specter II Pack-It folders if you do.)

In addition to the other accessory cubes backpack listed, especially the 3D Clear (and now Dyneema and Mesh) organizer cubes, consider the travel stuff sacks for a later purchase, particularly in the size #2 and #3 size.

As an extraneous note for going marsupial with other bags, the height of the Western Flyer packing cubes (either cloth or mesh) are a very good match to the inside width of the Smart Alec backpack.

HTH.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0