Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yeagema
  • 1 Post By Tzachi

Thread: Synapse as a small Ski backpack

Synapse as a small Ski backpack

I am very new to Tom Bihn products but quickly getting hooked. I recently purchased an Aeronaut and a Cadet with some essential accessories and simply love everything about the products and company. I have been a Tumi man for many years and so very thankful I found Tom Bihn.

Anyway, would a Synapse be OK to use as a ski backpack? I just want to put a few small items in it and perhaps some snacks etc. I would not carry ski's obviously with the pack. I am wondering if it is water repellent enough to be out in the snow etc??

sure. will be perfect IMO. better then most backpacks.
    I used mine in Italy rain, no prob.

JLE
    Not sure whether this info would be of help or not, but on Monday my son spilled the entire contents of his water bottle inside the main compartment of his Synapse and, whilst we moved pretty quickly to rectify the situation, there was no migration of fluid into other pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Not sure whether this info would be of help or not, but on Monday my son spilled the entire contents of his water bottle inside the main compartment of his Synapse and, whilst we moved pretty quickly to rectify the situation, there was no migration of fluid into other pockets!
    so, can I use it inside out?

You can take this with a grain of salt given I live in San Diego and I will not be offended. Because its 97% sunny here there are very few places to hide from the rain. A while back I was caught in a freak downpour. Me and my clothes were soaked solid (to the soles of my socks). Everything in the Synapse, including my computer was a little chilly but bone dry. I would not hesitate to take skiing (and having lived in Chicago for 17 years I kinda know what snow is). Hope this helps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0