Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By roadrunner
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 4 Post By dorayme

Thread: Is there a hemp organizer pouch opption?

Is there a hemp organizer pouch opption?

I have been searching through the website looking for a hemp organizer pouch. I am certain I have seen them posted in the forums, but i can't find them online. I'd appreciate it if some kind soul might steer me in the right direction.

I that think that they are only available as Clear Organizer Wallets.

Clear Organizer Wallet - Organized wallet with a clear front window for your ID - TOM BIHN

ok, thanks! i was hoping for a full hemp pouch, but if that's my option, then I'll take it.

Roadrunner, you may want to make sure you get your hemp fix, Looks like its going bye bye when current fabric in stock is exhausted. I love The Hemp!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    ok, thanks! i was hoping for a full hemp pouch, but if that's my option, then I'll take it.
    @roadrunner You might want to call and check which varieties are available in the organizer wallet: I have one where the weave is rectangular and one where it is set diagonally on a bias. The rectangular orientation works better with bags in hemp, such as my Little Swift. The diagonal setting works better with unicolor bags in other fabrics.

I know I've seen at least one unboxing picture with the hemp clear organizer wallet set on a bias, but just to show you, here's a picture of one taken with my Little Swift in Aubergine:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358288895.924297.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  299.4 KB

Hemp is fantastic against Aubergine, by the way. And the Aubergine wallet goes well with my Hemp Little Swift. I don't think the color in this quick iPhone shot does Aubergine full justice, but it may give you an idea. If they've made up more wallets, I think the recent color of the front Ultrsuede insert is a charcoal gray, which also goes nicely with the recent colors (e.g., Aubergine, Nordic, etc.)

As dorayme says, I love my Little Swift in Hemp.

moriond
    Darcy likes this.

Moriond, my wallet is also bias cut.

I'm getting a full sized Swift in Hemp but Darcy said the new current hemp fabric is more whitish and apparently more densely placed Hemp threads? If you look at the Swift if the link i shared it is visually different from the pic of your wallet.

I purchased a used Imago in Aubergine/Hemp. It will be here in a few days. I think it's the original fabric though. I'm sad more offerings didn't have Hemp, or Hemp trimmings. It is a very classic fabric. I'm so thankful to have some in my collection, especially when I think that for some it will be one of those fabrics they wish they had the opportunity to buy.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I'm getting a full sized Swift in Hemp but Darcy said the new current hemp fabric is more whitish and apparently more densely placed Hemp threads? If you look at the Swift if the link i shared it is visually different from the pic of your wallet.

I purchased a used Imago in Aubergine/Hemp. It will be here in a few days. I think it's the original fabric though. I'm sad more offerings didn't have Hemp, or Hemp trimmings. It is a very classic fabric. I'm so thankful to have some in my collection, especially when I think that for some it will be one of those fabrics they wish they had the opportunity to buy.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post

@dorayme Although both my hemp wallets were relatively late acquisitions -- meaning that I already had wallets in many Cordura fabrics, cork, Ultrasuede, Ballistic Nylon, and Dyneema before I got these -- the wallet in the picture must have come from the original batch of wallets, because it has the insert color combination of leaf green and cedar Ultrasuede and also uses the slightly cloudy and non-sticky Urethane in the window.

I did have an Imago in Aubergine/Hemp on order last October, but when they announced Nordic Dyneema I changed my order to put this on a back burner. (I really wanted to try the Nordic Dyneema and I use the Synapse and Swift more than I use my Imagos.) I was surprised that no one commented in the forums when Darcy's post about Hemp going away appeared in the blog. Yes, the texture of the new hemp looks different. I do think that people like Deb (dwright17) will be glad they got their Imago in Aubergine/Hemp (see the going to TB Store Tomorrow!" thread for pictures.)

The original clear organizer wallets were announced about the same time as the Little Swift in the blog (April 2010). Here are pictures of the wallet in hemp:

And opened for use, with the Ultrasuede dividers in leaf and cedar:

The color/fabric offerings of the first Clear Organizer wallets matched those of the Little Swif:

(Vulcans Hemp, Cork, and Kiwi Ballistic Nylon above, and Cacao Uktrasuede below):

The wallets:

And, for completeness, the references to the type of urethane used go back to this forum thread

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 01-15-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added picture of wallet in hemp

I miss the cloudy urethane! It was my favorite of the choices. My Cork Swift has cloudy pockets as do a few of my OP. I wasn't as hip to the usefulness and functionality of OP when I first started ordering. Oh well, Tom picked the coolest bags to run Hemp in so I'm not going to complain! I do wish that Hemp OP were available. I would have ordered a full set.

My Imago arrived today!
    Here's some of the new Hemp Fabric on the Imago, and the old on my Little Swift and Hemp Organizer Wallet.
    I think the two can work well together because of the variety present and expected in hemp fabrics. Hemp is a gorgeous complement to Aubergine. I wanted this bag from when I first saw it debuted. It's even more gorgeous in person!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    My Imago arrived today!
    Here's some of the new Hemp Fabric on the Imago, and the old on my Little Swift and Hemp Organizer Wallet.
    I think the two can work well together because of the variety present and expected in hemp fabrics. Hemp is a gorgeous complement to Aubergine. I wanted this bag from when I first saw it debuted. It's even more gorgeous in person!
    Beautiful picture! Yes, Hemp is a gorgeous complement to Aubergine. I prefer my Swifts to have single color Ballistic nylon, but for the cases where Ballistic/Hemp combos were used, I always wondered why they didn't do the pairing of Aubergine with Hemp. (My guess was that they were too busy cranking out all the other new combinations with Aubergine, and then later there was the issue about the possible end of the supply of Hemp). I believe that it's even more gorgeous in person.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0